General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

EARLY Christmas present!!! (of the wrong kind...)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:14 PM

EARLY Christmas present!!! (of the wrong kind...)

Well- the title about says it all. Last Friday, during my quickest (10 minutes) and cheapest ($.89) trip to Home Depot EVER (knew it was too good to be true)... came out to find a woman in an early 90's hunk-o'-junk piece parked like 2 feet away from me!!! Yup... you guessed it - BIG DENT!
I guess I can't keep it cherry forever, but, this ding (almost 3" in total length) seems to have made up for all the years I've never been on the receiving end!!!
I waited for (her) to come out and BOOM! ... off I went.
Her first repsonse... "I didn't do that"... () - BOOM (again!) then I had her open her door... and verified the marks lined up PERFECTLY. So- I got her insurance information and her phone number (cell).
Seeing that I was running late back to the office from lunch, I decided to call her insurance on the way back to work. To add insult to injury- her insurance company has no record of her policy being valid and up-to-date . So I decided to call her back... (pour salt in my open wound why don't ya...) - DISCONNECTED!!!
So... swallowing my pride, I got a hold of a PDR local to me (Paintless Dent Repair). My appointment is for Saturday a.m. ... and it's a pretty big dent - not sure he'll get it out, but he says he thinks he can (although he hasn't seen it yet). My insurance deductable is just barely more than the PDR guy (figures)- so it's almost $150 out of my pocket... (sheesh!). So - Merry Christmas - to myself!
Low life's that have no respect for other peoples property just fume me! Seriously! (What does the 'good book' say about "eye for an eye???")
Who knows, maybe the morale to the story is that I should spend more money at Home Depot!?!?!? Nah... and after all- it's Christmas. I'm sure she'll get whats coming to her one way or another... someday.
I'll see if I can't take/post before and after pics sometime over the weekend.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:41 PM

Cool wow

WOW, reading your story I feel your pain. I am a big fan of keeping my vehicles mint, and I go out of my way to park my ride in the back corner of every parking lot I visit...I NEVER park my car in a parking spot that is in the middle of a lot, and I would FREAK if something like that happened to me. I only park in spots that are either an end spot (parked all of the way against the curb), or way out in the sticks...

Happy Holidays & I wish you the best of luck in getting your dent removed!
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 PM

If this EVER happens to you again (and I hope it doesn't) you NEED to SEE and COPY drivers license number, home address, and if you are feeling uneasy about the person...call 911 and get a police report!

I've been in too many accidents over the last 20 years.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Also, if the person gives you a cell phone number, try calling it before you walk away (assuming you have a cell phone too).
Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 PM

Well that just bites Scoot. Did you happen to get their license plate number? Not that it would do any good...but I'd turn the info in to the cops. Some people just suck.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 PM

the cops will not even take a report on a parking lot ding. they have much more important things to do.... sorry it happened. i feel your pain!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
the cops will not even take a report on a parking lot ding. they have much more important things to do.... sorry it happened. i feel your pain!
I'm not saying calling them to the scene...but if the paint has been broken it's more than a ding and may not be able to be fixed with PDR. Nothing wrong with filing a counter report...they always take those.

People like this need to be reported regardless or they will just continue to damage other peoples vehicles.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:45 PM

Where is the dent on the door? Sounds about like a $150-$200 dent, hard to say exactly with out seeing it. Remember there are good PDR guys and BAD PDR guys. Find out how long he has been doing PDR, if he is a member of the NAPDRT, References. Just because a guy does work for a dealer doesn't mean he is any good just probally the cheapest. Find out who the body shops in the area use. The big company PDR guys are usually lacking in ability. If he tells you he trained at Ding King, Superoir(sp),paint bull, or Rightlook run fast!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 AM

Portable fence...

I always park away from the masses, but still they somehow seem to locate me.
So I drag this portable fence everywhere
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2006, 06:04 AM

Always get license and tag info.

Sorry about what happened.

Quick Reply: EARLY Christmas present!!! (of the wrong kind...)