General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 11:01 AM

Eibach Springs

I know there are a multitude of different options for lowering the HHR, but I'm wondering if there any pics of rides that specifically used these springs,

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs Chevrolet HHR 2006-11 - Suspension

Just trying to get a idea of what the stance would look like with them installed, but no other additions. Also hows the ride with these installed.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2017, 11:23 AM

The search window would be good for that.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Like this from another member

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Heres my take....real time analysis...I have on my 08 SS, Sportlines and KYB GR2 shock/struts....This combo is just as good,actually better then stock,as it is lowered.
Eibach said they wont work, well, they do . There are Cobalt SS springs but work fine on HHRs. Gone is the front rise during acceleration, front dip on braking. The rear does NOT bounce, and does not squat on acceleration. The rear coils have sections rubber coated where they would contact each other, very quiet. no vibs. Cornering is flatter then it was stock, and new. Ride is very smooth and if somebody didnt know, they wouldnt believe you if you said its lowered. Compared to my LS which has GL springs, the front is just a tad higher but otherwise the same, although the ride is much better. In the LS there is NO doubt its been lowered, it has that, 'stiffness' associated with lowering. I have several hard flat turns and roundabouts between work and home, I dont get the front end drift I used to get because the front end was pushing. I have 54k on the original tires and they grab nice..so a new set would be even better. I lost all suspension noise that i though I never had ( amazing what u notice after its gone). Have to add I have the TTR swaybar on the rear and the upper motor mount ( motor mount will help front end wallow also). Springs and Stuts/shocks installed 1 month after mount. If I had nbew tires to go along with this I have no doubt it would feel better then brand new. I replaced springs and shocks on all 4 corners for about the same price as just 2 Koni shocks. Koni's have their place..I just dont think they justify the cost(900$ plus) for a blvd cruizer also used as primary transportation or get to work and buy groceries car.If your planning on doing closed course or pylon racing then go Koni by all means. KYB may say they are for FE3 cars but are 15% better...who is to say the FE5 strut arnt 10% better then the FE3? That would make it 5% better then the FE5..... Anyways..the Sportlines work great and..wont drop out the rear pockets with the rear wheels off the ground, with both shocks disconnected I still had to firmly push rear down to get springs in place...They give about 1 1/2 fingers clearance between tire and fender lip...and I have yet to bottom or drag either end on anything....I am pleased..though I was skeptical at first...if the combo didnt work the struts were to go to the LS, but as it is I now will buy a 2nd set for it.....enjoy.