General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Feder Flares

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM

Feder Flares

After Many Alterations I Have One More To Do To Say I'm Done.after Deciding Not To Change Tires For A Larger Size,which Would Give Slower Pickup,decided On Fender Flares. A Radius Bumping Out But Mostly Going Down Filling Up That Empty Void Above And Around The Tires.want To Paint Them The Color Of The Car. Flexy Flairs Are Out. They Mostly Go Out And Would Not Work For The Back Door. Those Plastic Flares Should Work If Cut In Two For The Back Door.surface Mount Is A Must Because Of The Back Door.bushwacker And The Like Stuck On With 3m Tape.would Love To Find Something That Works With A Little Altering. Betcha I'm Not The Only One. Any Ideas Guy's Of What Brand And Model Could Work. Do Not Want To Lower The Car With A Family Of 5. Thank's Kelldog
Old 10-08-2007, 07:35 PM

Fender Flare/ Botching

Sorry Just Posted Fender Flares In Wrong Forum.meant To Be In General Forum.ten Lashes From Ya.sorry. Kelldog
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by kelldog
After Many Alterations I Have One More To Do To Say I'm Done.after Deciding Not To Change Tires For A Larger Size,which Would Give Slower Pickup,decided On Fender Flares. A Radius Bumping Out But Mostly Going Down Filling Up That Empty Void Above And Around The Tires.want To Paint Them The Color Of The Car. Flexy Flairs Are Out. They Mostly Go Out And Would Not Work For The Back Door. Those Plastic Flares Should Work If Cut In Two For The Back Door.surface Mount Is A Must Because Of The Back Door.bushwacker And The Like Stuck On With 3m Tape.would Love To Find Something That Works With A Little Altering. Betcha I'm Not The Only One. Any Ideas Guy's Of What Brand And Model Could Work. Do Not Want To Lower The Car With A Family Of 5. Thank's Kelldog
When you type with every word having a capital letter, it is really difficult to read.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 PM

okay sorry again. my wife just gave me ten "and ya want more huh", geeez what a day. Okay so now i think i'm in the right forum with not one cap,and my back is bloody and still standing with tool's in hand, wanting fender flares like a porche roadster. i got the gut's if you guy's could add a few more pound's of brain's. thank's. the toothless,bloodied,cappless kelldog
Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 PM

I think it'll be tough finding any flares that will fit the HHR contours. Any that don't look right will just be cheesy, I think. I know it's alot more money, but if you really want to close up that gap without losing your utility/capacity, go with air bag suspension and lower it when you want it to look cool & handle well, raise it up some when you're loaded up or on marginal roads!
jeffs396
Old 10-09-2007, 10:38 PM
jx3

Teazer Designs designed some for their SEMA HHR, to bad they aren't available........

Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 PM

Thank's JX'3 for the pic!! Now those are fender flare's! Look's like I'm going to have to make it on my own from a wood plug. Will send the pic's in March. Thank's again! Kelldog
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Those flares were made to fit wider tires. That HHR is still lowered to reduce the gap.