General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Fog Light Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:56 PM

Fog Light Wiring Harness

Okay, so I bought the fog lights off Ebay. Perfect fit, looks just like factory. I didn't know whether my LS had the wiring harness already there or not. It does not. So, I need to get a fog light wiring harness. The vendor on Ebay has a Fog Light/harness combo kit but all I need is the harness. I emailed them but have yet to hear back. Is this a dealer only item?? What does just the harness cost?? Any help / insight would be greatly appreciated. Not worried about BCM programming just want to wire 'em and get 'em working.

goatcheez
Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 PM

Not sure if you can buy just the wiring harness as part of it is intergrated with other stuff. You are correct, the LS does not have that but the LT's do.

I made my own, that way I could bypass the BCM.

If interested.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...rmarket+lights
Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the reply and I did read your "how-to" post. I'm mostly concerned about the connectors on the back of the stock fog lights. It's a two-prong "specialty" or factory type of connection to the bulbs. It's not just a two-wire splicable type like in your post. So at the very least I need to locate the proper connectors. I did think about doing aftermaret fogs like you did, but I got a good price on the stock pieces, so I went that route. I looked at gmpartsdirect.com and a few other GM parts vendors online and all I found were the fog light assemblies or the bulbs. No seperate harness. I'm pretty sure I can get it thru the dealer but don't want to be smacked for $$.
I will go the dealer route only as a last resort.
Anybody else??

goatcheez
Old 05-20-2008, 11:21 PM

You can buy this female receptacle at any auto parts store and splice it. It is the same plug as high beam on a four headlight system. Either 9005 or 9006. I dont know which offhand. I spliced my plugs and used heat shrink tubing to seal splice. I also used a lighted switch and mounted it in the dummy switch for the factory foglamp switch. I used a dremel to cut it open and mount. I am attaching photo of switch. I hope this helps.

John
Attached Images