General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Found a New Company Making Billet Bow Ties for the HHR.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Here is a photo of the outline polished ones I bought. I cut them out of the package.

They have a mirror finish to them.

Sorry I plan not to install them for a while it is just too cold and messy here to put them on right now. Once the weather breaks I will post new photo's.

Note the top one is the front and the lower one is the back. The one for the back look like is is bowed up a little but it may be that way to look right once installed. I will not know till it is on. I laid a stock emblem over it and it looked just a shade larger but not out of shape. Remeber these will replace the gold and chrome on the vehicle.
I have done everything to the bowties you can think of. Painted them every color you can imagine, even removed the gold part and inserted photographs, but these bowties with the impressed lines painted black will be awesome...thanks for the heads-up!! Todd (Uma)
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Those look really cool! I don't blame you for not wanting to put them on just yet though...
It is more cold than anything. I just worry the tape will not hold and I would hate for it to come off.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 AM

hyper... consider having them clear powdercoated. If you don't have a local guy, I will put you in touch with my powder/ceramic guy. That will keep them nice and shiny for years to come.

I recently did this with a set of brass handles on my door wall. The laquer on them from anderson had chipped and the brass had dulled over time. I took them to my polishing guy and had them buffed back to a pristine shine. Then my powder guy did the clear over them. The clear powder will hold up better than a painted on clear or laquer. My powder guy said "it may knock down the shine a notch" but I couldn't tell the difference. And for door handles... oh my they are smoother than glass.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM

I just spoke to the engineer on these at ASM. I showed him the bow on the rear own where is looks bent. I told him I think this is off. He is going to check it and fix it if there is a problem.

He said the guy he sent the first set to said it fit and looked fine. But he is pulling the factory emblem and will check it again. They are a real good company and if there is a issue it will be fixed.

I did not ask but I think these are already Clear Powder Coated. It is rare to not have emblems like this that are not coated. It is the only way to protect them. I will ask the engineer when he calls me back to be sure.

He is going to get back to me and I will let you know what he finds on the fit of these.

The front one matches up to the factory one fine. I just had some concern on the rear as a few other did.

I told him we had a lot of interest here if they fit well.

I also asked if they had planned to do the inserts on the factory emblems too and he said yes. They will be doing them in the future. No more cheap overlays needed.

Note too these emblems to the best of my knowledge are also made in the USA and are a GM licensed product.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 PM

Looks like the guys are headin' in the right direction....... I'm sittin' "pat" on things after gettin' burned by that Street Scene CRAPOLA!
Friends don't let friends buy Street Scene junk!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM

They look great. $60 huh? Do you have a link or contact info?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Uma

I want them, but a heck of a time with finding pictures of them on the website. Todd (Uma)
Old 02-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
They look great. $60 huh? Do you have a link or contact info?
PM me and I can tell you where I got mine or look at the where to buy on the ASM site. allsalesmfg.com.

Sorry I can't help and post where I got mine here because of the rules. No one here I think sells them either.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Any pictures of the emblem without the border? I am trying to picture the black emblems with and without the border. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 AM

Nevermind. Check out the downloadable catalog and the part numbers and pictures are there. What do you guys think - black with our without the border?

Quick Reply: Found a New Company Making Billet Bow Ties for the HHR.