General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Gas milage, Head gaskets??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimshhr
Thanks for all the input everyone. i'll soon be making a decision.
FYI, I have never owned a chevy before, always FORDS....
Jim
I gave up a Mustang for my HHR but have owned two other GM vehicles both Pontiac. A 89' Grand Am LE and a 99' Sunfire GT.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:08 PM

Thanks for all the input everyone. i'll soon be making a decision.
FYI, I have never owned a chevy before, always FORDS....
Jim
Jim, just some background here. Growing up my Dad had Chevy trucks (in the 70's), and my first car was a '57 Chevy, followed by a Chevy Luv with a V8 in it. Then came the 80's. All of a sudden I thought Chevy "changed" and nothing they made was cool or had the same quality. I avoided Chevy like the plague until now. (My last vehicle was a 2000 Ford Ranger.)

Checking into the HHR, I found that FINALLY chevy was making something I liked again (besides the 'Vettes, which won't work for my little 1-year old). The test drive went well, my only caveat was that the HHR was a tad underpowered - but I had driven the "small" engine LS.

Now that I own one (1LT with 2.4L, Auto & running boards as only factory options), I can say outright that I am absolutely thrilled with this vehicle - so much that I just started a new company to make & sell aftermarket parts for HHR's. The 2.4L engine provides plenty of pep, and seems to be getting stronger the more it gets broken in.

I'm willing to bet if you drive one and like it enough to buy - you'll be more than thrilled with it long-term. (Besides, I KNOW you will like the lower gasoline bill. I got 32mpg on the way home from the dealer!).

Best of luck with your choice!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:50 AM

Hey SoCal, will you be posting images soon with some of your products you are offering? You got my attention, just need a view! Any possibities of you doing "custom" apparel like yours? I impressed with what you are doing so far, nice site!

B.Fenrir
Old 11-11-2005, 01:02 PM

Hi Fenris! Thanks for the kudos on the site - it has kept me busy these past few days! As far as hard parts, we are still working with manufacturers to get products made. I don't want to spill the beans yet on what types of products (this is a very competitive market), so everyone will just have to be patient.

RIght now I do have windshield graphics on the way, 4 separate designs we had made - in both white or metallic silver vinyl. I'll try to post pics as soon as they get here.

On this:

"Any possibities of you doing "custom" apparel like yours?"

I'm not sure what you mean??

If you have a design you like, let me know and I can try to get a shirt setup.

Thanks again!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:56 PM

My meaning is I like how you have all your stuff with "SoCals HHR", I wouldn't mind having a "Black Fenrir's HHR". My neighbor has a T-Shirt shop/Embroidery business but he is such an A$$, that I would rather throw my bucks to someone who is not a jerk like he is! lol Anyhow, once you get some pics of your vinyl, I am definitely interested.

Thanks,
Fenrir

Last edited by fenris222; 11-11-2005 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Banned

Bad a** HHR Fenris! You need your front windows tinted!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Bad a** HHR Fenris! You need your front windows tinted!

It's the damn tint laws here in MI! Locally, I am having a hard time finding someone to do it and at a reasonable price. The law here is 4" strip at the top for windshield, 4" strip on the driver and passenger side front windows, anything goes elsewhere. I may have a reputable person to do it when he deems it is a priority. But his work is great and I will have to wait it out or find someone else. Thanks capt.

B.Fenrir
Old 11-15-2005, 04:53 PM

Thank you to everyone. Is it safe to say there's not much gas milaege difference from the 2.2 and the 2.4??
Thanks again, Jim
Old 11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

Thank you to everyone. Is it safe to say there's not much gas milaege difference from the 2.2 and the 2.4??
Thanks again, Jim
Chevy says it's the exact same for both engines.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:53 PM

It all depends on your shoes, mine have too much lead in them! D'OH! Lady Fenrir always rips on me how she gets better gas mileage than me....Eh, I always go chasing after something I can never catch, that way in a year I will surprise em! But, yeah, you can get great results if you can maintain and limit the high rpm's !........NOT!

B.Fenrir

Quick Reply: Gas milage, Head gaskets??