General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

General questions regarding forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 10:04 AM
Banned

General questions regarding forum

Can someone please explain to me how to properly use these forums. I have found excellent how to info on this website however i always have questions regarding the specific issue im having at the moment and dont know how to find answers. For example right now im struggling with rear brakes, ive read everything i can find but have a couple questions , who can i ask or where do i post my questions. I know alot of sites are finnicky about posting stuff in the wrong places so if anyone can give me just basic instructions on the proper way to do this i would be very grateful. I feel retarded even asking this but i just dont have a great deal experience with the online stuff. Thank you, Ken
Old 09-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Administrator

You can simply post your questions, or type the information into our search window
Old 09-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome.
When you post a question here, you are posting it for the entire forum to see. You'll get responses from whoever feels like helping out.
I guess you have figured how to navigate around the site since you say that you've read up on some of the info available.
Anyhow. To find the correct forum to post in, just move your cursor up to the left side of the gray bar where it says Forums. Then look for the forum that fits your problem and question.

Old 09-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member

x2 what they said. You did it exactly right with this "thread" - the title is clear and is in the right forum section. And your post asking for help etc. is very clear and concise - all of that will make the members here want to post help etc..

A few tips from some of the "interesting" posts seen here:

- in the first posting give full details of the issue you are dealing with - include all relevant items such as the Year/mileage and engine of the HHR, and then give a clear description of the issue, and make it clear that you are looking for help, or advice etc..

- dont just post a title of Sparkplugs, then in the body just post AC DELCO - That makes no sense and does not indicate what it is actually about - does the person want to know what specific plugs to use, or did they have a problem with them - who knows eh?

- if you refer to some part that you bought off the web, sometimes it is helpful for the respondents to look at the item's link on the web - so include a link or picture of the item if relevant

- try and keep it clean and simple - use punctuation, create actual sentences and paragraphs (make it easy for us old guys to read - a 10 line paragraph with no punctuation will generally be totally ignored)

- don't blather on and on, with unrelated details - ie: "I was driving to the store cause my mother-in-law who is visiting for 2 weeks she wanted three weeks but I had to put my foot down and we agreed on two weeks she needed some bunion cream but they didn't have the brand she wanted so I drove home and the car started running rough a half mile from home after I sat at a stop light for 30 seconds whats wrong I need help"
My smart-a$$ response in trying to help out would be "Try another store and see if they have the bunion cream she wants, or tell her to grab a bus and try another store herself".

and please realize that some of us here sometimes use a bit of off-beat humor/humour and sometimes sarcasm pokes its head out, but is not typically meant to be hurtful. We all have different styles in responding or posting - so don't swet the small things. Have fun. :)
Old 09-20-2019, 05:26 PM

Excellent post whopper.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Your are great at reading all those hieroglyphics , too. Some posts aren’t easy reading.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:27 PM

what's going on with your brakes.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Administrator

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brak...e-36754/page4/

adjust and clean them
Old 09-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome..