General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

About to say goodbye?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 PM

Unhappy About to say goodbye?

I don't know if I'm doing something incorrectly or what, but I've posted a question about finding something for my 2008 HHR panel in a couple of different places on this site and although it was viewed over 300 times combined, I've received no responses. I've also contacted the site twice to find out if I'm doing something wrong and maybe people aren't seeing the post, but I haven't received a response from them either. Is there anybody out there?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM

I'm out here. Why not try starting a new thread with your question -- and include the text of this post and see if that will get you an answer.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:47 PM

I can see this post...as for the schematic you were looking for, I would have no clue, and nobody replied to your post about that...the other posts we can see in your profile have replies. you have two other posts that made it to the forum. one about vinyl covers(15 replies) and another which was your first/welcome post. I dont see any other posts besides those. and this one. most people on this forum are more than willing to give advice/opinions/ideas on anything.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:49 PM

I have no electrical schematic but I can give you a link to black powder-coat or chrome bowties that look more professional than vinyl overlay.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 PM

That's good to know, since I hadn't even heard back from the site, I thought there might be a problem on my side.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Deceased

I found you post about the schematic Quillbilly, sorry it got overlooked. As I stated in my reply, I can send you a e-mail with the electrical diagrams from the service manual tomorrow when I get down to my office in Charlotte.

Just shoot me a PM with an e-mail address, and I'll send you the PDF file.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Quillbilly
I don't know if I'm doing something incorrectly or what, but I've posted a question about finding something for my 2008 HHR panel in a couple of different places on this site and although it was viewed over 300 times combined, I've received no responses. I've also contacted the site twice to find out if I'm doing something wrong and maybe people aren't seeing the post, but I haven't received a response from them either. Is there anybody out there?
You have a total of 5 posts, 3 threads you started.

2 of your posts are in here saying goodbye.

Your Intro hello thread, I myself replied first, then at least 11 others said welcome ect, and you never bothered to post in it again saying Thanks for all the welcomes, if you had, that thread may have been seen by even more people and you would have got more welcome to the site replies.

Your Electrical schematic thread, the man with them replied and gave you instructions on how to get them from him. Again you never bothered to reply.

The Service Manuals from GM are pretty much all that are available to work on the HHR since No chiltons or any others were ever published. And those Sets of books are 200.00-300.00 depending on were you buy at.

And you posted once in a vinyl bow tie overlay thread, the last one to reply in it, over a month after anyone had replied in it.

You gotta reply to your own threads to keep them going or thay fall fast 5 pages back.
If you don't reply to people in threads you started, others won't bother to add replies.

This forum moves pretty fast here, most are pretty cool, and will try to help with anything asked if they can.

In YOUR settings on how the site runs for you, set to be Instantly Notified by Email in threads you start and threads you reply to.

This way, you know when you got a reply and is a reminder to follow through. You will only get 1 notice until you visit the thread and you may be surprized to see several other replies. If you don't visit the thread you get no more emails about it.

If you don't set things up to be notified, you have to search for them to see if anyone replied, you won't be notified until you set up your settings.

Learn how Forums work and run and you'll have a better experience.

Google can help you learn alot.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member

A & P pretty much covered it in the above post.
Fwiw. Your one post about the schematic that is actually a question. I'm betting that in all those people that viewed it, probably nobody has a schematic. Therefore, no one answered that post( like me).
This site is loaded with great members who are willing to help out when they can. Give it a chance. Just BEWARE. This site can be addictive!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Thank you everyone! Since I'm new to this site, I thought I wasn't doing something correctly. Sorry to irritate you American and Proud, until I had the electrical problem, I totally forgot that I even had this resource available. I run a very busy sign business and spring/summer isn't my best time of year for surfing my favorites. If my schedule will allow, I've already spoken to my girlfriend about driving up to Ontario for the HHR gathering in August. I hope to meet some of you there. Oh, by the way, can I post a pic of my HHR with a standard membership?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Deceased

Here's a "How To" on photo posting, just click the link below.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/how-upload-add-pictures-your-post-old-3033/

Quick Reply: About to say goodbye?