General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

GM dumped thousands of HHRs into rental fleets - badly watered down its cachet.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Just where did these numbers come from?

Considering October just ended a few days ago I'm guessing they're not real accurate.
These figures are always available immediately after the month's close for all/most manufacturers.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=40878
Old 11-03-2007, 08:47 PM

MSRP means nothing. Sale price is everything. The HHR has become a value wagon. Thank You GM.
Chevrolet was GM's North American Value brand and is now their international value brand. The HHR is the wagon version (with retro clues) of the Delta architecture (Cobalt, G5, ION, HHR). It is their lowest priced architecture/chassis made in the North American market and features such cost saving components as rear drum brakes and and a twist beam axle. It is a fantastic value priced vehicle of great utility and longevity. If you thought you were buying an exotic or an automotive investment that choice was yours not GM's. They did not represent the car as such.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

You da man, "pops"
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 AM

http://www.american-retro.com/store/...cat=257&page=1

The front end of this (scroll to the bottom at link for a better picture) looks like an HHR! This would make a good investment or x-mas gift. Other varieties available by clicking on left hand column menu.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:43 AM

Red face

It may not be a good idea to have a limited production car. When you have the only car on the block, there are fewer parts available for repairs, fewer mechanics would have the knowledge to fix the car.

Just remember that when the PT Cruiser first came out how much the dealers gouged the consumer who wanted to buy one. Good for Chrysler, bad for the customer. That same car today is worth no more than any other eight year old car I.E. nothing.

If you want a limited production, buy a Z06 Vette, Nissan GT-R both $60-70K cars.

I have no real desire to have as a daily driver, a $50-60,000 car. Maybe some of you have that much disposable income to get an overpriced car. I don't.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 AM

I would tend to agree with the statement. However, I'm not so sure about how large the "glut" of HHR's was (or is) because when I was seriously shopping there were not that many on the lots to choose from, nor in the surrounding 100-200 mile radius from my locale. I still see very few on the dealer lots around Buffalo, but that may just be the way it is here and not elsewhere.

Regardless, my plan is to keep my car basically forever and add a panel version for my business before they change the styling.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

I can't complain too loudly as I bought a year old car fully loaded with 11k on it for 10 grand less then original MSRP. 7 grand less then original owner paid.

Although I like the "idea" of a cache car. I fully realize the HHR is not such out the gate and I would not have paid a dollar more for it than I did.

The "glut" of HHRs will be at the rental lots. Dealers won't buy a ton HHRs at auction as there is not a huge market for them on used lots yet and their resale is so poor people will see extreme value in them over the new fare the dealer is trying to sell. I did.

Chevy HHR>>>>>>>a niche vehicle without cache

You know what gives the HHR cache? Making it your own. I have seen HHRs and PT Crusiers that have all the cache in the world because of what the owners did to them.

They are both born bland and naked
Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
You know what gives the HHR cache? Making it your own. I have seen HHRs and PT Crusiers that have all the cache in the world because of what the owners did to them.

They are both born bland and naked

Excellent point, and I couldn't agree more! It makes me sad to see the wasted potential of a plain and unadorned HHR on the street. I've had more fun modifying my HHR than with any other car I've had since my '68 Austin Healy Sprite.
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
All of a sudden it's prestigous to own a friggin Buick! LOL
It's always been prestigious to own a Buick, even during the "bland" years in the 90s.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:39 PM

There is most likely a 5 month supply on many GM models not just the HHR.

They go into rental fleets for exposure as well. That's where I first drove one.

Quick Reply: GM dumped thousands of HHRs into rental fleets - badly watered down its cachet.