General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Headlight compatability

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 12:54 PM

Headlight compatability

My headlights are fogged, Ive sanded, polished and cleared a few times now but still has a haze and cloud up after a few months again. I recently did them again for the time being. I thought to purchase new but may try my luck at the salvage yard when I go. My question is are all the headlights on the standard HHR interchangeable 2007-2009 ( I have a 2009 2LT ) I assume the SS do not interchange? Last time I went there was a good headlight on one and a good headlight on another... one was always damaged or clouded.... so I could get a pair off 2 vehicles that were clear if lucky.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:59 PM
Administrator

All models of HHR from 2006 thru 2011 including the LS/LT and SS , windows or panel all had tge same headlights, even the special edition ones from 2007 spring edition with B2E fit! I’ve got those in my 2011 2LT
Old 02-16-2024, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
All models of HHR from 2006 thru 2011 including the LS/LT and SS , windows or panel all had tge same headlights, even the special edition ones from 2007 spring edition with B2E fit! I’ve got those in my 2011 2LT
Thank you, saves me time checking years... If I dont find any in the yard Ill just snag a set on amazon, thinking to go with the super clear lenses and LEDs as I need better light out here on the dark backroads where the Deer lurk to attack vehicles without warning LOL
Old 02-16-2024, 03:31 PM
Premium Member

Them there Missouri deer are pretty sneaky.
Did a number on my brothers Prius.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:27 PM

Some of those LEDS make a mess of the lighting pattern, and blinding oncoming drivers is more dangerous than deer.

I find that with sparkling clear lenses and fresh H13 halogen bulbs the reflectors were designed for makes visibility pretty good.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lonwane
Them there Missouri deer are pretty sneaky.
Did a number on my brothers Prius.
Thats the truth, one took out my 08 back in 2020... was driving along on a dark outter road ( and knowing it has deer that cross ) so I was cautious..... never seen it, next thing I know is a small deer head just appeared in the headlight right at the hood BAM ! it flew about 50+ feet and slid further. I was mad as Ive been doing so much work to the 08 prior to it getting totaled.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Some of those LEDS make a mess of the lighting pattern, and blinding oncoming drivers is more dangerous than deer.

I find that with sparkling clear lenses and fresh H13 halogen bulbs the reflectors were designed for makes visibility pretty good.
Yes, Ive read up on the LEDs and the scattered light patterns, mostly due to the LEDs are not designed to mimic the actual light pattern of the bulbs ( there are certain ones that do and are safer ) I almost hit a truck because of that very reason since I was blinded on a curvy road that I did not know.... I really hate people who dont try to correct that by having their headlights aimed correctly and I think there should be laws/regulations on the LED headlights because of that.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:53 PM
Administrator

The thing is most folks install the led headlight bulbs themselves and don’t know about or how to adjust the headlight
Old 02-21-2024, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
The thing is most folks install the led headlight bulbs themselves and don’t know about or how to adjust the headlight
Yep But why are they not checked during inspections anymore? I remember long ago they would actually check the headlight alignments during inspections. it was a simple test as the car was pulled in there were marks on the wall and if the beam was outside of that scope you had to have them aligned to pass inspection...... I mean if they blind you why dont the cops pull them over on a fix-it-ticket because im sure they got blinded eventually as you cant drive forever and never pass a cop??
Old 02-21-2024, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Bureaucracy, limited funding, lack of interest?

Quick Reply: Headlight compatability