General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Help! Looking for Insurance!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HHRnoPT
Just my two cents. I work in the insurance industry (don't hate me). Not all policies are created equal. I deal with the repair industry every day, and every company is different in what they cover. I work for one of the large insurance companies, I've seen customers that have had modified vehicles that have change companies for a better rate or so they thought. One customer had a Ford F250 with a Roll-Along package on it. It was stolen his new company said they would not cover any of the Roll-Along package, billet grille, running boards, wheels, paint or interior since he did not ADD the coverage for modified vehicle or customizing. The addl coverage would have far exceeded any savings and would have ended up costing far more. Fortunately for him his policy with the company I work for had not yet been cancelled and did not require any addl endorsements for coverage. When comparing coverage ask lot of questions, are any modifications covered without any addl cost or endorsements, are there any mileage restrictions, does the company offer multiple car discounts, multi line discounts i.e., homeowners, life, personal umbrella, don’t assume when you tell a agent or company rep you want full coverage that you will get it. If you want rental coverage ask for it. If you aren’t sure what the coverage is, ask. What is covered and how much? Just a little word of caution, some insures work deals with the auto body repair industry to get repairs done for them at a highly discounted rate, and use large numbers of aftermarket part to complete repairs, something think about. If you are in business how happy would you be to work for less than some other companies would pay for the same repairs and using parts that in most cases do not fit or do not quality and safety standard of OE parts. Yet those companies have rates that are close to the same as other companies and sometimes higher. Stay with quality insurance companies, ask lots of questions, ask some body shops which companies are the best to work with.
IMO....this is the best advise to anyone!!! I'm continually surprised by how many people do NOT compare APPLES TO APPLES...they may think they are, but when you really get down to the nitty gritty...not really. And, this really goes for a lot of other things in their lives, as well.

Oh, by the way...if you are 50 or over, check out AARP. you might be surprised. They saved me $500 on two cars, and $270 from the next closest "bidder".
Old 08-03-2006, 09:37 PM

My husband and I have both had State Farm since we were 15 (over 20 years for both of us). We also have our renters insurance and life insurance through them and have had claims on autos and property. I've looked around and no one can touch the rates we're getting.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 AM

State Farm for decades here as well. Our automobile, home, primary life etc. are all under one umbrella policy. Excellent service and decent enough rates, except the homeowners (since hurricanes got more active)- we're looking at a 50% increase there this year, but it won't affect auto rates.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:16 PM

You might want to check with a good body shop in your area for who they recommend for insurance. My daughter put her car in a ditch a couple of months ago and my husband was talking about insurance with the body shop owner. The owner does not like to work with Progressive insurance. He says that they want him to straignten unibody frames that are bend beyond 90 degrees which is not in accordance with ICAR (auto repair certification). They also do not use certified adjusters, so they do not know what the current specifications are. Cheaper is not always better. We have USAA insurance.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:01 AM

Been with State Farm for 36 years, Have my home, HHR, S-10 Chev, Honda Foreman, Pontoon and the umbrella policy. I have a non-cancel clause for being with them for the long term. and am at around 1,450 a year for all of them.
Have $0 comp on the s-10 and $100 comp on the HHR.

Have not had a ticket for the last 20 years and no accidents, cept a few deer, but only 4 of the hits were repaired by the insurance, I did the others due to very minor damage. Those were grilles for my s-10.

I have had other insurance companies want my business but cannot match my rates for everything. Some thing can be said for long term coverage.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Question Insurance Hype!

I'm sure everyone has seen these unending Auto Insurance ads on TV! Each one saying they can "Possibly" save you anywhere from $300.00 to $450.00 a Year! Has anyone actually saved anywhere near these amounts by switching, while keeping the same coverage? Anytime I've gotten a quote,especially from GEICO, it's higher than what I was paying! Others have been so close to what I have, it wasn't worth changing! Who in the World are these drivers that can save such amounts?
I think it's all a bunch of Baloney myself!!
Old 07-18-2009, 08:15 PM

1 post..a url..no responses

sounds spammy to me
Old 07-18-2009, 08:22 PM

Guess you don't watch your TV much!
Old 07-18-2009, 08:59 PM

Insurance

I was with allstate for about 15 years. 4 vehicles, 1 house. Every year the cost of the insurance would go up. When i ask them about it, they would just say the cost of everything was going up. Building material, car parts, etc. I checked around and compaired prices. A company named farm bureau here in georgia, and has been around for many years, matched allstates policy dollar for dollar on the house and cars same deductable and all.
Saved allmost $600.00 on the house and allmost $400 on the cars. About $1000.00 saved per year. Just shop around and ask questions
Old 07-18-2009, 09:30 PM

My only question is why people have been reviving 2-3 yr old threads recently

Quick Reply: Help! Looking for Insurance!