General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Hey Everyone in California

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 AM

Hey Everyone in California

Happy Hands-Free Day!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 AM

This sucks so bad I cant get the damn ear pice to stay in my ear so I have to hold it there when I drive how is this safer then holding the GD PHONE to my ear??????!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 AM

Yee-Haw!

I know some people agree with the concept. But it is the idea of them thinking how much they can control you that bothers me. I can guarantee you that putting on make-up or reading maps causes more wrecks in CA than cell phones.

Each law they pass that stretches into the boundaries of our personal space just makes it that much easier for them to reach in even farther.

With that said - there is nothing more annoying that riding behind some idiot driving 20mph in a 55 zone and then when you finally pass them see them talking on the phone! Now the problem won't be them holding the phone to their head, it will be them trying to read the instructions to figure out how to use the new hands-free they just bought. I wonder how much of a kickback the politicians are getting from the hands-free manufacturers?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by sp52075
This sucks so bad I cant get the damn ear pice to stay in my ear so I have to hold it there when I drive how is this safer then holding the GD PHONE to my ear??????!!!!!!!!!
Went to Costco....got the hands free Visor Talk...

Clips to the visor...not my body. I just carry it to whichever car I am driving at the time. 180 - 200 hours standby...9 hours talk time. Charges right in the HHR. The ear piece made me feel like a Borg....

Cajun
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM

I'm usually pretty tech-savvy ,but couldn't for the life of me figure out the Costco visor dealio (returned it).

I'll ask a silly tech question: how exactly does Bluetooth work?! I have it on my PDA and my SmartPhone--I think this is why I couldn't figure out the visor thing and make it recognize(?) my phone.

At this point, all I've done is change my message that I'm driving (or in class) and to leave one...On the plus side, you can STILL TEXT while driving! heh. Go figure...

I agree with people putting on make up or shaving in the car as more dangerous and glad younger folk aren't allowed to talk/text at all.

@ngelita...hands-free always...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cajun
Went to Costco....got the hands free Visor Talk...

Clips to the visor...not my body. I just carry it to whichever car I am driving at the time. 180 - 200 hours standby...9 hours talk time. Charges right in the HHR. The ear piece made me feel like a Borg....

Cajun
How do you like the VisorTalk?
How much did it cost.

I have a nice Jabra Bluetooth headset, but I would really like to go hands-free, off the body, quit chewing on my ear.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
I'm usually pretty tech-savvy ,but couldn't for the life of me figure out the Costco visor dealio (returned it).

I'll ask a silly tech question: how exactly does Bluetooth work?! I have it on my PDA and my SmartPhone--I think this is why I couldn't figure out the visor thing and make it recognize(?) my phone.

At this point, all I've done is change my message that I'm driving (or in class) and to leave one...On the plus side, you can STILL TEXT while driving! heh. Go figure...

I agree with people putting on make up or shaving in the car as more dangerous and glad younger folk aren't allowed to talk/text at all.

@ngelita...hands-free always...
Bluetooth is a short-range RF connection.
There is -some- security wrapped around the protocol, so you need to do a process called 'pairing' to get your phone and your bluetooth device to talk.

Now, what scares me is still allowing texting while driving... This takes your eyes off the road for longer periods of time...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mchuntley
Bluetooth is a short-range RF connection.
There is -some- security wrapped around the protocol, so you need to do a process called 'pairing' to get your phone and your bluetooth device to talk.

Now, what scares me is still allowing texting while driving... This takes your eyes off the road for longer periods of time...
Thanks, Matt!

I can get to this point where they can 'see' each other, but then it says I need some kind of security code or whatever and this is where I get lost

From what I heard on the news this morning, when they designed the law, texting wasn't a big dealio yet. I use it all the time (hate talking to people--and I'm a Counselor! ).

I'm sure that will be the next thing to go!

@ngelita
Old 07-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
Thanks, Matt!

I can get to this point where they can 'see' each other, but then it says I need some kind of security code or whatever and this is where I get lost

From what I heard on the news this morning, when they designed the law, texting wasn't a big dealio yet. I use it all the time (hate talking to people--and I'm a Counselor! ).

I'm sure that will be the next thing to go!

@ngelita
thats odd, the manual for the hands-free device should have given you the passcode to use. Usually something like 0000.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mchuntley
thats odd, the manual for the hands-free device should have given you the passcode to use. Usually something like 0000.
Oh, you mean I was supposed to RTFM?!

@...

Quick Reply: Hey Everyone in California