General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:38 PM

HHR Panel

Does the panel have more cargo space that the 4dr with seats down?

Currently have a Ford E150 Cargo Van, but really want to make this work to save fuel. We have a window covering business and haul blinds and shades. Sometimes they are long (95" or so).
We carry sample cases most of the time, but when we have an install we will need to remove the samples to make room for the job. I'm thinking it will be worth it, and think it's just a matter of changing the way we do things for the sake of economy.

Has anyone else gone from a full size van to an HHR for deliveries?

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 14
Size:  38.2 KB

The inside deminsions are the same. Panel = 4dr w/ seats down.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM

You should be ok with the 95" as long as your the only one in the HHR if you need a second person it will not work so good.I would hang on to the full size van for when you realy need it.

I have a Chevy Astro and could not do with out it the HHR has less than half the room for cargo.I get 10 miles to the gallon more in the HHR so you will have to weigh out the difference of gas savings vs keeping the full size one around when you need it.Best bet would be keep them both for 6 months and see how many times you said man I `am glad I have the Ford van still.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by bonkers
Does the panel have more cargo space that the 4dr with seats down?

Currently have a Ford E150 Cargo Van, but really want to make this work to save fuel. We have a window covering business and haul blinds and shades. Sometimes they are long (95" or so).
We carry sample cases most of the time, but when we have an install we will need to remove the samples to make room for the job. I'm thinking it will be worth it, and think it's just a matter of changing the way we do things for the sake of economy.

Has anyone else gone from a full size van to an HHR for deliveries?

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Cargo capacities should be the same though they are given in the HHR specs on the Web. One difference is the sub-floor storage on the Panel. That is where the seats of the Wagon would fold.

For fuel economy go for the 2.2 l engine - more mpg and fewer dollars per gallon (because it uses reg gas.) The country is awash with white HHR LS Panels. bargains to be had.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 PM

I just found out today that our company will be replacing the Ford Econoline vans (used to deliver light bulbs) with the HHR panels. This should be an interesting transition. I have no idea of color they will get unless they can get a fleet done in white. We'll see.........