General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR SS: let's discuss

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:54 AM

Automatic Friendly..

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
Im glad on another thread I read that it will also be offered as an automatic. From what im reading on other forums Turbos are auto-friendly although I haven't figured out how or why.
The way a Turbo is designed, to pressurize the air flow, it`s really happiest when there`s a constant flow of air.
With a manual, the flow is broken at each shift point when you decelerate and accelerate, the blow-off valve lets some boost escape which has to be replenished before the turbo is loaded again, hence lag.
An intercooler really makes this even more prevalent because it`s like a balloon filled with air, and the air wants to go backward if given a chance, which means more lag. Only about a second or so, but people judge things in seconds...
Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by misterjensen
Do you have a link to where others are saying that it will have an automatic?
1st post of the following thread.........

2008 HHR info
Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
1st post of the following thread.........

2008 HHR info

Nothing about an auto. 5-speed w/short shifter.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by solman98
Nothing about an auto. 5-speed w/short shifter.
Pitts has never given out "bogus" info.......

Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH HHR
I just received some new info on the 2008 HHR's. Thought I would start a new thread .......... to include all HRR'S, not just the SS.

SS:
HHR SS model designation 1AU46

SS exterior colors: Imperial Blue 37U
Blue Flash 39U
Black 41U
Sunburst Orange 56U
Silverstone 67U
Victory Red 74U

SS interior colors: Gray Sport Cloth 13C
Ebony Sport Cloth 19C
Red Sport Cloth 47C

Both Automatic and 5-speed Manual transmissions are listed.

Engine 2.0L DOHC 4CYL ENGINE LNF

Pricing:
Blue Flash met paint, extra cost $295.00
Bright Chrome Appearance Package $925.00, but that now includes the PY1 16" Chrome Aluminum wheels
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Pitts has never given out "bogus" info.......
We shall see if the manufactor is giving out "bogus" info them. They are the ones stating no auto. Plus I heard it from many salemen over at GMI. No auto.

Plus on his statement is lists
"to include all HHR's, not just the SS".
Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 AM

OK, Guys................ The info I get "COULD" be changed by GM as they are constantly updating to reflect the actual product specifications. I went back to check and they still list an automatic trans for the SS. Also, G85 Limited Slip Differential is listed, so I don't know for sure if that only applies to the automatic trans or not. Anyone know about that?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 AM

Thanks for checking :) Would it be possible for you to do a screen grab of the official dealer list off of the GM dealer website and post the image? I would like to have a copy to take to the dealer with me if they need help finding the information. If you don't know how to do a screen grab, hit the "Print Screen" button on the top of your keyboard and paste it into your post. Thanks again for your help!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 AM

Thanks for checking :) Would it be possible for you to do a screen grab of the official dealer list off of the GM dealer website and post the image? I would like to have a copy to take to the dealer with me if they need help finding the information. If you don't know how to do a screen grab, hit the "Print Screen" button on the top of your keyboard and paste it into your post. Thanks again for your help!!!
I would like to do that , but copyright protection prevents me from doing that since I am a GM employee. You know, that legal rights stuff, privacy act .....!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 AM

Can you give me an idea of where in the website the information can be found? I want to be able to point the Chevy sales people to the right area if they can't find the information when I go in this morning. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 AM

Can you give me an idea of where in the website the information can be found? I want to be able to point the Chevy sales people to the right area if they can't find the information when I go in this morning. Thanks!
See the PM I sent you.

Quick Reply: HHR SS: let's discuss