General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR SS: let's discuss

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM

As I said in another thread, my local Chevy dealer (the largest in Wisconsin) was unable to find any information on the GM DealerWorld site that confirmed or denied the automatic trans.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:59 AM

I know this is a lame comment to make, but has anybody else noticed that the HHR SS does not appear to have an arm rest? Is this normal for Super Sports due to the manual trans. or something? I also noticed in my 2008 brochure that they did not fix the door lock posts yet either. I scanned a high res pic, but I'm unable to post it to this forum due to the fact that I don't have a website to save it to (I can't seem to attach the file).
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM

I so want that front bumper and grill.
simply beautyful
Old 07-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
I know this is a lame comment to make, but has anybody else noticed that the HHR SS does not appear to have an arm rest? Is this normal for Super Sports due to the manual trans. or something? I also noticed in my 2008 brochure that they did not fix the door lock posts yet either. I scanned a high res pic, but I'm unable to post it to this forum due to the fact that I don't have a website to save it to (I can't seem to attach the file).
The 08 brochure also shows the 2006 style of the steering wheel control buttons. I don't think that they would go back to that design or would they? At least the top center of the dash has the new fog light and traction control button location.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM

I would be disappointed if it did not come in an auto. I'd love to see a 6 speed auto the manual shift mode. To me this would be a far better choice then any manual shift vehicle. Almost all auto makers have this type of tranny so why can't GM offer that in a high performance vehicle.

I'd also be very disappointed if the seats did not come in leather! I think the first post mentioned special sports seats, I guess I'd have to see them to really understand what they are offering. I love leather and only buy vehicles with heated leather seats.

Any idea if a sunroof is an option on the SS??
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 AM

Wow... the conflicting information continues. I just got off the phone with another local dealer (in Wisconsin) who stated that the 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS is ABSOLUTELY going to have an available automatic on it. The manual will be standard but the automatic WILL be an option. He told me that the information was directly from the regional zone manager and that they have already recognized that the brochure was wrong in only listing the manual. It will be revised / fixed in a revised brochure that will give all of the specifics of the 08 HHR SS in the specs matrix. I'm officially going put my verbal HHR deal agreement on ice and wait to learn more on the SS as information comes available.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
Any idea if a sunroof is an option on the SS??
Dare I say "Yes" it is listed as an option for the SS.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH HHR
Dare I say "Yes" it is listed as an option for the SS.

Seems like every dealship is getting different info.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM

my local Chevy dealership is getting NO info.
I just spoke with a salesman there on the phone. He has no knowledge of when the new HHR brochure is coming out, but he DID tell me that the HHR SS will have the same "supercharged engine from the Cobalt SS."

At this point I'm realizing that it would be fruitless to get any more info from him... so some of the questions I was going to ask him were put on hold for now (such as Automatic trans? Will leather interior be an option? Are there even armrests?)
Old 07-18-2007, 11:29 AM

This is a little off the subject but does everyone realize that the pontiac solstice gxp is rated for better mileage than the standard solstice 22/31 vs 20/28. Could it be that an HHR with a more powerful engine gets better mileage. That would be kick a$$.

Quick Reply: HHR SS: let's discuss