General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: How did you purchase your HHR?
Purchased new.
77.63%
Purchased used from private owner.
4.82%
Purchased used as rental.
17.54%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

HHRs that were once rentals.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 AM

HHRs that were once rentals.

I have had my HHR for a couple of weeks now and I've enjoyed it very much. I was curious as to how many HHR owners bought their's as a used rental? Mine is, but that was about the only way I could get into an HHR. New was out of the question and there just aren't many used HHRs out there right now.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:08 AM

I bought mine new. There were already a few used on the market when I got mine. But I wanted the 5speed and they are harder to find. I also was only looking for a select choice of colors. I did acutally find both (Daytona & SE edition). Chose the Daytona, it was my first choice to begin with.

Buying used or a rental can be a gamble. Granted buying new can be also. But with used/rental, you just never know what has been done to it mechanically or in the line of abuse/misuse.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Banned

I bought mine brand new just like the two cars I owned before the HHR. I've only bought one used car in my life and it was a nightmare so from that point on I decided I was only going to buy brand new vehicles. That way I know the complete history of the vehicle and I am 100% sure it has been properly maintained and serviced.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Mine was a rental. No problems. Love it.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:31 AM

You know with a rental it was serviced good. You don't know the driving history. It also had to pass a rigorous inspection at the auction and if anything is found over $300 of damage the rental car company has to pay for.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by tomdent1
You know with a rental it was serviced good. You don't know the driving history. It also had to pass a rigorous inspection at the auction and if anything is found over $300 of damage the rental car company has to pay for.
That's good to know.

I had someone here look up the VIN history on mine and it shows that the CONTROL ASSEMBLY, FLOOR SHIFT was replaced at 29901.

The engine sounds and runs good. The interior is pristine. I'm getting really good gas mileage and with the exception of some scuffs on/in the bumper and a couple of very small dings, I feel as though I got a good deal. Ya, the dealership made plenty of money off me, but I didn't pay what they were asking either.
With only 6k more miles left on the factory warranty, I purchased an additional 2yr/24k for peace of mind.

They had a silver one and my blue one. When I got to the dealership to look at them, the silver one was sold about 4 hours before I got there. Thank goodness because I wanted the Daytona Blue!

Last edited by 06Daytona; 07-12-2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added warranty info
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by tomdent1
We lease vehicles and sell at acution at the end of our term. Estimated about 1000 a year on average for our state alone. We are nation wide. I would not call the inspection at auction houses "rigorous". The vehicle has to be safe & servicable. I'll let you mind think on that for a bit..... We use auction houses all over the coutry. They do pretty good work for the most part. But they are there to move the vehilce as quick as possible.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:49 AM

Bought mine new. Like CH, I wanted to make sure everything was done right. I also wanted a full warranty. So far, she has been great.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 AM

I bought mine new. I was actually looking at a used silverstone, but the dealer offered me a better deal on a new model. Once I saw the Golden Teal sitting on the new car lot I was sold.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 AM

New. The only used car we have purchased recently was for my daughter. It is in today for the 12th time for a "Check Engine" light. What a pain in the a@@ this is getting to be, but, exactly why I don't buy mine used.

Quick Reply: HHRs that were once rentals.