General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

hi!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:41 PM

hi!

hi! I am considering buying a chevy HHR , but i think i am more interested in the hhr ss model due to its performance and much nicer interior. Few weeks ago i test drove a base model hhr with an auto trans. ...that didnt excite me much. Still waiting for the dealerships to show me a hhr LT with a 5speed trans. I really like the customization choices available for this car ! For the last few months i have been lurking in these hhr forums and i notice many had complaints about the brakes and a few water leaks. Here is a few things that i am wondering about: reliability in the long term. Any high mileage owners here and how have you found your vehicle to be? The front narrow windshield....can the drivers seat be lowered on the high end models? the lack of a dead pedal...anyone make one and install? Are most of the hhr LT DRIVERS HERE HAPPY OVERALL WITH THE RELIABILITY AND POWER FROM THE 175 HP motor? With mods, you think an additional 15 hp would be good enuff with a 5spd manual? For me....its either go with the 175 hp model/5spd or wait for the hhr SS that is a completely differently animal. Thanks to anyone who replies and good luck!
Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Just by looking into the past threads, you'll find that those who had the water leak problems are small in my opinion. As far as the brakes, if you are going to mod for inceased power, do a mod for increased brakes as well. I have only owned mine for two months now, not a high mileage car, but I love every minute of it. 2.4 with the 5 speed and it just seems to get better every time I drive it. Now if it was me, and I didn't have to buy one now.........I would probably wait for the SS to come out. I have even thought of trading up to the SS, but the wife would probably kill me Either way you go you can't go wrong with this car.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:08 PM

Thumbs up Welcome!!!

you won't regret buying a
Old 09-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

I bought used and had the "common TCB issues" repaired. So far so good.

Power is subjective. My gas pedal has never touched the floor and Im happy with the 2.4. I would most likely be happy with the 2.2 though as well. I did not buy this car expecting "fast and furious".

I doubt rhe SS will be worth the money in that regard either.

Long term reliabilty is suspect. Read the Cobalt forums. That's pretty much what we have here, a reskinned Cobalt. But like any car the easier you drive it the longer it will last. These are not as forgiving as Hondas and Toyotas with regard to abuse.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 PM

I never understood the need for speed thing. I have the LT1 (auto) that moves pretty quick just the way it is. I'm satisfied at 53, 000 miles.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
I did not buy this car expecting "fast and furious".

I doubt the SS will be worth the money in that regard either. .
Hi Mr. Kingfrog,

Sorry, but I'm not clear (I have an excuse, I'm old) what you mean by "in that regard" about the SS, the money vs the power thing?
Old 09-29-2007, 05:02 PM

im of the old school, you can never be too rich, too thin or have too much horsepower!

I take that back, you can be too thin.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
you won't regret buying a
Amen to that.

Rudy (Z-Man)
Old 09-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Old Ray
Hi Mr. Kingfrog,

Sorry, but I'm not clear (I have an excuse, I'm old) what you mean by "in that regard" about the SS, the money vs the power thing?

Im old as well LOl. What I meant was I would not pay the premium for this car for the SS version. If you want performance/speed, I have to believe There are better choices for the money
Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 AM

to the wonderful forum