General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How come no HHR commercials?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:17 PM

Angry How come no HHR commercials?

I see plenty of PT Cruiser commercials, maybe more a few months ago than lately, but I NEVER see an HHR commercial. You can see an orange one floating above the road in that 5/100 warranty ad GM is running lately, but that's about all the exposure Chevy's lil' retromobile gets. Come to thinkg of it, I never see any ads in magazines like Car & Drivel for the HHR either!

Do u think Chevy doesn't need to run ads on 'em? Are they making them at capacity and can't keep up with demand?

the only thing I can remotely find as an HHR commercial is this vid at youtube. And even then, I don't know if it was a commercial or just a flash thing that someone did for the web.

I WANNA SEE MORE HHR ADS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEs6I8k8Pw
Old 10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

Why waste advertising money on a vehicle that's already selling well without any advertising? Chevy would just be throwing money away.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
Are they making them at capacity and can't keep up with demand?
Pretty much. In a world where gas prices are the hot topic, a car that gets 30mpg like the HHR sells itself. Why waste money on commercials for cars you can't keep on the lot? GM would rather advertise the $7,000 rebates on Tahoes and Suburbans (cars' they have a hard time selling).

This old retail slogan comes to mind: "when the market is slow - that's the time to advertise!"

Last edited by SoCalHHR; 10-31-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM

If you still cant' get enough fix for HHR commercials, go

HERE

...scroll down to "HHR Spots."

Andy Dick did a whole series of spots for GM on the HHR when it was released. these were shown on the Tonight Show, and select sports programs for a short time.

Have fun!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Why waste advertising money on a vehicle that's already selling well without any advertising? Chevy would just be throwing money away.
I'm not really sold on that, you would be surprised how many people have never heard of a HHR.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:57 PM

I don't think they had a commercial for the PT's for the first 2 years they were out. As soon as the sales started to drop off it was showtime. Like the others have said you don't have to advertise something that is selling well. My Chevy dealer hides the HHR's behind the row of big trucks. I like to drool when I drive by but I can only see a flash of an HHR at a time.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Banned

Good point. Even though lots of people have never heard of the HHR they seem to be selling well in my area. I see a bunch on the road and the HHRs on the lots around here always seem to be changing like they are moving well. I think most people don't know what they are just because it's only the HHRs second year on the road.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:02 PM

Somewhere on the net I read that the HHR has increased about 25% in sales over the last year.
PT has only increased about 5%.
So I would guess that they dont need many commercials.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
If you still cant' get enough fix for HHR commercials, go

HERE

...scroll down to "HHR Spots."

Andy Dick did a whole series of spots for GM on the HHR when it was released. these were shown on the Tonight Show, and select sports programs for a short time.

Have fun!
thanks for that. Those vids are cool and funny!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:04 PM

I just wanna see 'em on the Tee Vee!

Quick Reply: How come no HHR commercials?