General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How Many Current and Past HHR owners would buy a New One if Improved ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 PM

How Many Current and Past HHR owners would buy a New One if Improved ??

Personally I love this car and wish they would have just kept building and improving/updating it.
Same goes for the SS version to keep up with the competition till they run out of options.

I would buy a new Improved/updated version in a "Flash" if they would just listen to the current owners complaints/ideas and fix/add them.

There is quite a long list however.

Much of it is higher quality related in certain areas.

They could look at their Warranty claims for some of the answers.

SF
Old 10-21-2013, 02:34 PM

I would not buy a new one but I would buy another one
they are everyware around here I dont know why they quit making them
it has been a great car so far!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM

Keep in mind that a "new Improved/updated version" would also mean a more expensive version. Our HHR served it's purpose during the time we owned it but price was a consideration when we bought it. If they updated the things that I thought were lacking, it would be a different vehicle in a higher price range. With the rest of the competition that would be in that higher price range, I'd be much less likely to buy one.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:29 PM

I would buy a new one and I might buy another "older one".
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Deceased

I'm looking for an SS, so if they were still in production, yeah I'd scoot off to the dealer.

Call it heresy if you will, but I wish they had lasted long enough to get the Diesel engine option now available in the Cruze.

Imagine all the utility of an HHR combined with a stump pulling engine, it might have driven more commercial sales.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
I'm looking for an SS, so if they were still in production, yeah I'd scoot off to the dealer.

Call it heresy if you will, but I wish they had lasted long enough to get the Diesel engine option now available in the Cruze.

Imagine all the utility of an HHR combined with a stump pulling engine, it might have driven more commercial sales.
Mike,

Have you looked on Ebay recently. I was just looking and see some low mileage nice looking 2008 and 2009 SS

SF
Old 10-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Deceased

I'm looking at one in particular SF, it's finding the time/opportunity to scoot down there to check it out in person.

Thought I'd found one locally, but it was run low on coolant, loaned out to a customer, and showing a P0303 misfire code when my scan tool interrogated it to see what the CEL had been set by.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:52 PM

I'm looking at one in particular SF, it's finding the time/opportunity to scoot down there to check it out in person.

Thought I'd found one locally, but it was run low on coolant, loaned out to a customer, and showing a P0303 misfire code when my scan tool interrogated it to see what the CEL had been set by.
That's the problem buying long distance. I drove 400 miles each way to Oregon to buy 2 HHR's last year. Did a trade with the 2 that I had so the wife and I just drove both back.
Worked out good but you never know. I have had a lot of Dead trips when buying and reselling used boats.
I'm retired and need some fun so I keep doing it just for the trips and getting away once in a while. Wife loves to go in the HHR as well.
That works ... Gotta keep her happy you know ???
SF
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Yea but what about your 'Bare Shell' Panel waiting to get paint ? No funds for that, so you've posted.

Anyway:

I wouldn't buy a new one, but another'select' pre-owned wouldn't be ruled out either..
Old 10-22-2013, 07:48 AM

I would buy one as long as they had the cool body lines like the old ones. Right now all the gm car look to plain to me. Excluding the camaro. I always thought an all wheel drive hhr would have been a good option.

Quick Reply: How Many Current and Past HHR owners would buy a New One if Improved ??