General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How many miles would you expect to get out of an HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 PM

How many miles would you expect to get out of an HHR?

Right now I am in a 2005 Toyota Matrix...56K already Avg 100 miles r/t commute per day so the miles do pile up quick however once spring comes I'll probably be riding a motorcycle to work to cut down the miles on the car plus..well hey riding a bike is fun :)

Anyhow I rented a HHR in San Antonio last October and really dug it. Fun to drive, nice and smooth and pretty quiet.

Between the rebates, miltary discount and GM Card dollars I can probably pick up a 1 LT for about 16.5k which is pretty decent price.

So there are some minor things that I'm not crazy about with the car (cup holders etc and other stuff that seems to frost everyone) but for the type of car you are getting I think the good things outweigh the bad. Like I said the only think I'm a little leery of is the miles that I would put on it in regards to reliability.....

Oh...I noticed on the rental I had, the drivers arm rest tilted slightly down which was a little uncomfortable...the passenger one seemed to sit at the right angle.....are all the drivers arm rests like this?

Thanks

goose

Last edited by Goose; 02-01-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 PM

Personally, I'm expecting around 200k out of it. I'm basing that on my '95 Cavalier which only has 189500 on it so far. The engine in the HHR is better than the pre-Ecotec 2.2l in my Cavalier.

The arm rests are all like that, but I think someone was able to correct it in their car, a search may dig up that workaround.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:11 PM

Doesn't matter to me. Never keep a car for too long. ZX3 is the longest at 6 yrs. and it has about 50,000 miles on it.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Applenut
The arm rests are all like that, but I think someone was able to correct it in their car, a search may dig up that workaround.

arm rest thread
Old 02-01-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Applenut
Personally, I'm expecting around 200k out of it. I'm basing that on my '95 Cavalier which only has 189500 on it so far. The engine in the HHR is better than the pre-Ecotec 2.2l in my Cavalier.

I agree with Curt. I'm looking to get 200K+ I drive about 30K a year. I also had a cavalier "97" (White) I made it to 209K, the body was in mint shape but the front end was starting to go and the trans was starting to slip. I'm hoping to make 200+ with the HHR... As for the arm rest, this is easy to fix. Find a small piece of metal and epoxy it in the grove/track. You will see this once you take the arm rest off. Good Luck! So far its working great for me..
Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm expecting a LOT of miles out of ours. We bought two because of the size, economy, features, and of course.....the coolness!!

We will be hanging on to them for a long time, 150,000+ hopefully. But I also know that stuff happens and we may need to replace them both much sooner than that.

BTW, I find myself using the passenger armrest all the time!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Welcome to the forum!!

I'm expecting a LOT of miles out of ours. We bought two because of the size, economy, features, and of course.....the coolness!!

We will be hanging on to them for a long time, 150,000+ hopefully. But I also know that stuff happens and we may need to replace them both much sooner than that.

BTW, I find myself using the passenger armrest all the time!
I am planning to also get a second one sometime in the future, and I plan to keep mine for a VERY LONG TIME. I hope to get at least 200,000 miles out of mine, although I only drive about 15,000 miles/year as it is. Good luck in your decision!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:52 PM

Wow, I was only hoping for 100K. It took me 8 years to reach that in my last car. But, the HHR is much more fun to drive and there's still 2 1/2 more years of trips to and from college. I still have the old car and have to force myself to drive it to keep the mileage down on the HHR. I just might send the old car with my son to college. That would kill two birds with one stone!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:17 PM

I'm another one looking to keep my HHR for a long time. My last car was a 1999 Grand Am that I bought new and racked up 189,000 miles on before I traded it for my HHR last year. I usually keep my cars for 6 or 7 years driving at least 25,000 miles a year.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:20 PM

Heh...funny you guys mention about the passenger arm rest...I had a 2004 Saturn Vue that had the very same issue with the arm rest and I used to lean over and use the passenger one. Must be a GM thing

In any event..I imagine the Ecotec can compete with the imports for the most part except for mainly the mpg...so in 5 years I would have 175K on it if I avg 35k a year...I wonder how many other things would go on it in that time frame....then again I have never ever put the kinds of miles on a car that I am now....riding the MC to work in the spring, summer and fall would really put a dent in those miles which would be nice.

Well I guess I'm just thinking out loud here...my last experience with the General was not a happy one (hence no more Vue and now in a Toyota)

Just something about the HHR that sucks me in... guess that is evident with this crowd here :)

Goose

Quick Reply: How many miles would you expect to get out of an HHR?