General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How many miles would you expect to get out of an HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by jshandra
.... and the trans was starting to slip.

That's happening to our Cavalier now, it doesn't like to go into reverse when it's cold.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Between the rebates, miltary discount and GM Card dollars I can probably pick up a 1 LT for about 16.5k which is pretty decent price.
How much are your GM Card earnings?

With a factory rebate of 1000, plus a little over 2000 in GM Card earnings, I picked up a 2007 1LT for 16.7 out the door. Pretty much fully loaded, except no ABS.

If your GM Card earnings are about the same as mine or more, I would think you could do a little bit better than 16.5, especially considering you're getting a military discount. Also, I'm assuming the 1000 rebate is currently available in your area.

If the 16.5 price you mentioned is fully loaded WITH ABS, and/or your GM Card earnings are lower than mine, then it's probably a good price.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Wow, I was only hoping for 100K. It took me 8 years to reach that in my last car. But, the HHR is much more fun to drive and there's still 2 1/2 more years of trips to and from college. I still have the old car and have to force myself to drive it to keep the mileage down on the HHR. I just might send the old car with my son to college. That would kill two birds with one stone!
Definitely keep the HHR for yourself.

Have the oil changed every 3000-3500 miles; have all belts, filters etc. checked every six months; have other checks/service done as recommended by your owner's manual--and there's no reason you shouldn't get at least 150,000 pretty much trouble free miles out of it, and probably 200,000.

Personally, I don't have to worry about getting that many miles out of it, because I usually buy a new car about every four years. But I realize many people like to keep their cars longer than that.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:59 PM

No..I don't have that much in earnings...maybe 400 dollars and the military discount is 500...I thought on the GM card site it said the cap was 1000 for the HHR for GM $$?

And no the HHR's I'm looking at are not loaded although I'm not too sure what else can be added except for Sunroof, running boards and ABS...they seem to come pretty well stocked?

I haven't gotten a real quote yet but at www.betley.com they always seem to quote their lowest prices with rebate factored in.

What would you say is a good price for a 1LT with auto tranny as pretty much the only option? I can always figure add ons to the price(runners, fogs) Don't see too many if any HHR's with ABS here in NH which I find odd but it was the same way with Toyota

Odd

Goose
Old 02-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
What would you say is a good price for a 1LT with auto tranny as pretty much the only option? I can always figure add ons to the price (runners, fogs) Don't see too many if any HHR's with ABS here in NH which I find odd but it was the same way with Toyota.
Is the 16.5k you mentioned an out-the-door (OTD) price, or would you have to pay tax, title, destination, dealer prep etc. on top of that?

Based on a 1LT with everything but Sunroof, running boards and ABS---an OTD price of 16.5 would be a real nice deal. If you would have to pay tax, title etc. on top of that, it's an average deal.

Regarding the GM Card earnings, they didn't place a cap on me. I had just over two grand, and they subtracted every cent from the price.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 AM

No sales tax in NH I haven't gotten a firm price but then agin this is just doing the math in my head..could be a bit higher or lower once I actually talked to someone

I'm going to see if there is a rental place in my area that has HHR's that I can renta for a few days to get a better idea and feel for the car.

Goose
Old 02-02-2007, 09:21 AM

I'll probably have mine until the wheels fall off (literally!) since its used for work and the mileage I average is ~7000/month. Already at 63k now and still running strong. Work with guys that have dodge caravans with 400k+ miles on them!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fritch
I'll probably have mine until the wheels fall off (literally!) since its used for work and the mileage I average is ~7000/month. Already at 63k now and still running strong. Work with guys that have dodge caravans with 400k+ miles on them!
Holy crap that's a LOT of miles!!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Fritch, keep us informed how the HHR performs when reaching higher mileage numbers. You can be our guinea pig!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 PM

With under 9,000 mi. in almost 18 Months, I think I'll wear out long before the HHR does!

Quick Reply: How many miles would you expect to get out of an HHR?