General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

i bought a car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 PM

i bought a car!

I BOUGHT A CAR!!!!!! ...ok....its just an '87 toyota camry with a 4 cylinder motor. The honda is up for sale and i bought this very very clean and good condition camry for cheap from a very well trusted person in my family. It has a 4 speed auto tranny with overdrive and it runs very smooth and effecient. Last night i drove it home for about 15 miles on the highway and it was a nice change from my honda. The ride was smooth and comfy and it was nice to be able to enjoy not constantly shifting gears. The reason i am babbling about this car is not to annoy you guys. I decided to hold onto this car for a year and wait for just the right HHR model to come out. I may now want to buy that 2007-2008 HHR WITH THE 175 HP ENGINE AND 4 SPEED AUTO. orrrrr....I may wait for the turbo model and test drive both the auto and manual version when it finally arrives some time early next year. To be honest, i am hoping by next year that GM will improve on the interior and upgrade the automatic transmission from 4 speed to the 5 speed auto. I'm pretty patient and with no more $300/monthly payments...i can wait it out for just the right HHR i want.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 PM

Congrats!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 PM

thanks! just looked out my window and noticed nobody stole it ...yet. a FEW YEARS AGO I HAD ANOTHER 20 YEAR OLD CAR. it was a 1980 datsun /nissan 200sx 2 door coupe with auto trans. Cheap, reliable, comfy and nobody looked twice at it. That is till one summer night when i awoke to find it was stolen from out front my apartment . Got it back 10 days later as i was told the police were doing a stakeout and ran my plate on the car and i got it back...minus the crappy $75 junk stereo it had. AHHHHHH...life in a city of junkies!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 PM

Considering GM still won't put the 6speed (the one they have had for a couple of years now) auto in all truck, I think you have time.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

Yeah, good luck with that. A few years ago, a friend of mine's '87 Camry got stolen right out in front of our law school. He'd parked it next to a big H2 and that blocked it's view from the building. It wound up becoming a North Omaha Taxi, or as we in the legal profession called it, a purchase money security interest for controlled substances, for about a week until the Omaha fuzz found it on the street a couple blocks north of the law school. The stereo was missing, but that was about it.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by chooch
AHHHHHH...life in a city of junkies!
That's a lie!!! My lib friends tell me that Canada has no drug problems.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:42 PM

nail your underwear down or it will get stolen.

hi hhr crafty...it doesnt matter what you own here. Since very young, i recall my older brothers cars having: stereos stolen, trunk stolen (69 camaro), neighbour was a limo driver and had the ''v'' wing attenna stolen off his limo's trunk numerous times. My brother also had his lug nuts removed off his all his rims in an attempted theft. In 1986 , the old mans car was put up on blocks in his driveway for $1800 worth of rims and tires. I had a few stereos ripped out of my cars and side windows smashed. This was all across the street from corpus christi church across the street in a nice neighbourhood. I moved around..bought a condo. Guy in my complex stole my rear license plate off my new car, another person stole a 20 year old datsun 200sx i had . In 2004, i awoke on my birthday to find some ***** put my new honda up on blocks and stole my mags and tires. Few months ago, i went outside and somebody tossed a rock at my windshield. I could go on and on , but i wont. This city has a great deal of junkies and crimminal element. 2nd HIGHEST auto theft city in north america after miami and a huge problem with auto/home break and enters (see the junkie part). But hey....its a beautiful setting!!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

You know what's weird? About a month ago one of my neighbors comes up to me and asks me if I saw anyone break into his '95 Sentra in the middle of the night and take his stereo. I was kind of amazed because there's a brand new '07 Xterra, an '07 Escape, my '06 HHR, an '07 Altima, and an '07 Vibe all in our little parking courtyard, and his ****box is the only thing that gets broken into at o' dark thirty.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM

sadly, it aint wierd to me. I worked in the autoglass trade for 19 years, i saw many repeat customers due to side window vandalism, tourists just in town with shattered rental vehicles and many many apartment/condo dwellers who would phone or come in and tell us how they got vandalized along with 20-30 other cars...no exxageration. After awhile, we dont even blink an eye. We give fake sympathy cuz you heard the same story for the 19,000 th time and the customer wants to vent their frustration...and time is money!