General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

traction control

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:00 PM

traction control

ok dont laugh guys. I have no idea how to turn it on, it was off when i bought the car, and my tires are going bald!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Its just ....on. Unlike other cars, you can't turn it on or off. But then again, I'm often wrong! When all else fails check the manual and call the dealer.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 PM

there's a lil orange light that say's t/c off. Why would it say that if it doesnt have traction control at all?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:23 PM

The traction control is not something you turn on or off...it says off because it is off when you start your car. If it senses it is needed (slippery roads or spinning tires in the snow) it turns on automatically and then turns off again when no longer needed...think of it like your antilock brakes..they are not working unless needed...same with the traction control.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rickh
The traction control is not something you turn on or off...it says off because it is off when you start your car. If it senses it is needed (slippery roads or spinning tires in the snow) it turns on automatically and then turns off again when no longer needed...think of it like your antilock brakes..they are not working unless needed...same with the traction control.
oh, well it must not be working correctly cause i can do one heck ok a burnout off the line. My last car (focus svt) could be turned off and on by pushing a botton by the ebrake. i gotta say having it on saved my butt a lot of times during the winter while on icey roads.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:55 PM

I think you're right. You may have a problem. Does the light stay on or just flash when you start your car? Does it come on when you spin your tires?

It should only come on when it shuts off. I believe the default is "on".
Old 06-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Traction Control

TC is also off when shifter is in "1". Light will come on to tell you it is off.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:19 PM

I think it's time for a dealer trip.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM

FYI

Traction control is for the Automatic Transmission only.

By default the traction control is armed when you start the car.

On your dash, if you see a symbol of a car with swerving tire marks and a slash through it, it means your traction control is not armed.

Traction control will take in effect when it is armed and the conditions calls for it.

If the traction control "disable" symbol appears right after you start the car, the Traction Control system is not working properly and needs to be serviced.

If you are burning out your tires, ease of the gas a bit.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I think you're right. You may have a problem. Does the light stay on or just flash when you start your car? Does it come on when you spin your tires?

It should only come on when it shuts off. I believe the default is "on".
it's on all the time, not just when i start it!

Quick Reply: traction control