Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   I cant get over the versatility (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/i-cant-get-over-versatility-42429/)

Bkm0607 08-19-2012 08:56 AM

Where's the tent lol n it gets great gas I'm avg 20 to 22 flying around still new little wagon so like a little fun but still better then my buddy tbss n my old 300 srt gas almost bankrupt me lol need to learn to lay off the gas I guess

cc732 08-19-2012 09:07 AM

We recently moved my mother-in-law with some vans and open top trailers, etc.
The Mopar brother-in-laws were really surprised when I loaded as much as a Dodge Journey could hold (just on the inside, no top carrier)
It also holds more than the wife's Chevy Orlando.

Clare

Krash Kadillak 08-19-2012 03:20 PM

One thing some of you may not realize......
Check out Badass's pic in the first post again. Note that the right front seat seatback is completely folded down, folding forward, allowing you to carry, if necessary 8' (or more) lengths of lumber or whatever - very handy.

Augmented78 08-19-2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Krash Kadillak (Post 664327)
One thing some of you may not realize......
Check out Badass's pic in the first post again. Note that the right front seat seatback is completely folded down, folding forward, allowing you to carry, if necessary 8' (or more) lengths of lumber or whatever - very handy.

Yep, I do this to carry all of my 7' fishing poles. :)

kwe45919 08-20-2012 07:28 AM

If you're carefull, play Tetris ALOT and can stand the dust n dirt......you CAN haul a rick of wood in an HHR. I did it the first week I had the HHR.

It is simply amazing what you can haul....comfortably.

cc732 08-21-2012 12:01 PM

A Rick of wood...

Originally Posted by kwe45919 (Post 664385)
If you're carefull, play Tetris ALOT and can stand the dust n dirt......you CAN haul a rick of wood in an HHR. I did it the first week I had the HHR.

It is simply amazing what you can haul....comfortably.

I agree kwe...

You can put a rick (or cord ) of wood in there...make sure it's very dry.

FRESH CUT wood is REALLY heavy.

Clare

Tyler Harvey 08-21-2012 01:18 PM

Funny seeing your back cab, mine looked exactly the same last summer for camping. I was amazed at how much we could take. I could barely see out the back window. I had three cases of Anahieser Busch to!

badassbowtie 08-21-2012 02:48 PM

Bkm- we have cabins to sleep in. Microwaves to. We are roughing it
And I've already made 1 wood run to burns some logs. Too bad gm discontinued our car

Kinison_fan 08-24-2012 10:11 AM

Totally agree. I've hauled an amazing amount stuff in the three years I've owned this car.
Just took my son to college with him and the wife in the car. All his stuff fit in the wider fold down seat and in the back.
Unfortunately, the HHR is not up to the challenge of my daughter. We have to borrow my Dad's Silverado to move her back into college.