General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I need some ADVICE......

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:02 PM

I need some ADVICE......

HELP OUT CAR SALESMAN.........I purchased my HHR on july 4th, and i have had a job cut this week(VERY Unexpected). This has realy affected my financial world. Can I transfer my existing 0% finance loan to another individual. I don want to give up my new ride, but i dont want to losemy home either. I am in deeppppppp. HELP.......
Old 07-20-2006, 09:08 PM

SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR SITUATION. HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU. I'M SURE YOU COULD TRANSFER OVER TO A QUALIFIED BUYER.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:17 PM

I would contact the lender as soon as possible and let them know what has happened. Most of them are more than willing to work with people during hard times.

So sorry to hear about this unexpected news. I will watch for Batman and Bryce to show up on the forum and ask them to address this as quickly as possible.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:24 PM

I have sent an email to Bryce who works for a Chevrolet dealer here in Colorado. Asked him to check the forum ASAP and see what advice he has to offer. Hopefully he's online tonight and gets my email soon.

Who is your lender? Maybe we can do some online searching for answers in the meantime, if no one has an answer right away.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 PM

K, let me find out (Deb, I'm still on your HHR logo case).

I would contact the lender as soon as possible and let them know what has happened. Most of them are more than willing to work with people during hard times.
Absolutely. GMAC is great. Your only hitch is that they are very prudish on 0% loans. As a LAST RESORT, you can turn it in as a voluntary repo.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 PM

OK, just spoke with one of our finance managers. He told me that your best bet is to find someone to take over your payments. While uncommon, GMAC would at least consider it in the face of losing money. But you absolutely must find someone with great credit. I mean 750+ who you could talk to GMAC about. Hope you get it squared away.
GMAC: 1-800-200-4622
Old 07-20-2006, 10:43 PM

Thanks Bryce.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:14 AM

Mavpen, Sorry to hear about your situation and Deb and Others have given you good and sound advice. The only thing I can add Is not to give up hope and before you make any dicission think and pray about it for a few days, if you are a praying man.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 AM

Very sorry to hear your situation - to go from a happy time in getting your HHR to losing your job. That would certainly suck. In order of importance, I look at my house as most important, then the utilities, then the car. Credit cards are at the bottom of the heap because they are unsecured. Good luck with your situation
Old 07-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Thanks....

I called the dealership I bought it from and told them my situation to see if they would consider a buy back a a small loss(In which i would have to borrow family funds) since it was a msrp of 24,010.00 and after taxes and extended warranty my new total is 23,500.00( in which i could cancel my ext. wearranty and give them the refund) , but they said they would only give me about 17,000.00 for it. WOW , I felt like i had been beat up with 3 FISTS. Geeez. Is there not that much value after you drive these cars off the lot. That Kinda hurt....QUESTION FOR BRYCE: If i had to do a voluntary repo how does that work? Would i still owe on the car or is it just a BAD mark against my credit? THANKS ALL for your concern.....

Quick Reply: I need some ADVICE......