General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I pulled it out of my new HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 03:09 AM

I pulled it out of my new HHR

WTF is this thing? I was inspecting my new HHR last night and I noticed this "stick" tucked inside the upper plastic of the hood where the latch is. I pulled it out and have no clue what it is. It's aluminum, and there are 3 diferent pieces to it, crimped together to make a long rod, with rubber pieces around where the 3 different size peices are crinped together. I thought it might have been something to help hold the hood up in an emergency, but it doesn't seem to fit right anywhere. It's like a strut or something, and it isn't new. Could it be a manufacturing tool? I'm taking it to the service dept. today and ask them.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:05 AM

OMG! That's the frumpinator control shaft. It's what separates "us" from "them". Put it back quick!

Pullin' your leg. Don't know what it is but I will look under my hood today. Welcome to the group! Except for the BS as above, it's a great place full of great people, great stories, and great ideas.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:35 AM

Looks like a Hydro lift of some sort. Maybe it was used to lift the hood or something before completion. Don't really know!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Banned

I think it was an added bonus so you can beat people away from your HHR when too many gather in awe.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I think it was an added bonus so you beat people away from your HHR when too many gather in awe.
Today on a quite street in Brooklyn. I pressed the auto start in front of 3 guys near my car and one of them said it scared him becasue he did not see me walking towards the car from down the block and he did not see me in the car. If they wanted to jump me I could of pulled out that stick to give them a beating..LOL Great spot to hide a weapon
Old 04-29-2006, 01:46 PM

It looks like a hood prop in case the hood lifts fail and you need to work on your vehicle. Just my $0.000002.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
It looks like a hood prop in case the hood lifts fail and you need to work on your vehicle. Just my $0.000002.
Yea, that's what I thought, but does anyone else have one?

My current operating theory is that it is a manufacturing tool or aid. Maybe used to hold up the hood while the struts are installed.

Or it could be a frappinator lever, you know the thing that pushes on the wheezer valve.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:57 PM

You found it! It's the Magic Wand! Turn that in to Chevrolet and you get a free set of running boards with your one time paint repair job! NOT!

The truth is that it supports the hood while attaching the struts. You got a bonus. SUPPORT YOUR UNIONS, BRING JOBS BACK TO AMERICA!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:53 PM

Maybe it was installed to prevent damage to the rear quarter panels. It probably works as well as the plastic fender protectors they install at the factory.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:56 PM

I know what it is.. Chevy messed up and that was suppose to be put in LIL Hottie's hhr so she can beat off O6ChevyHHR.

Quick Reply: I pulled it out of my new HHR