General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I'm about to do it too !

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 AM

I'm about to do it too !

Hey guys,

Been hanging around here for the last month or so, thinking that I would only buy in a year or two, but....

I went to try one this past weekend, we worked out some "unofficial" numbers and it looks like I can trade my current car and end up with the same monthly payment (I have a bit of an upside down on the current car).

We've priced an '07 silverstone w/black interior LS auto w/running boards, remote start, and a block heater, and I can get 1.4 % / 60 months financing. I have $1500 of GM points and a $1000 of GM fidelity; unfortunately, most of this goes to cover my current upside down situation.

I'm going in tonight to work it out, the quoted price so far is GM list; the dealer hasn't given up anything yet, so there's room to work. Maybe I'll try and squeeze into the LT for a minimal price increase.

Oh, and I concurr with most of the small annoyances that some people point out: the ackward armrest position, the odd placement of drink holders. The window switches location do not bother me, but I do like that the back windows go down all the way. One pleasant surprise: the huge side view mirrors; I was really comfortable driving around with such good view of the sides, even though the back view is not the greatest.

I'll let you know how it works out later.

Yves

Last edited by DreamHHR; 03-26-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2007, 08:48 AM

GOOD LUCK
Old 03-26-2007, 08:48 AM

Good luck to you!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 AM
jx3

C'mon, you know you want to. Just jump in, the water is fine!!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM

LOL. the water up here is still a little frigid Jay!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 AM

Yeah, right now it's more like if I don't look down first, I might smash my head or break a leg hitting the ice......

Anyone knows if GM has a small trailer hitch available for the HHR? I need something to carry my mountain bike around.

-or anyone knows which company carries one?

Reese?
Hidden Hitch?
Draw-Tite?

Yves
Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by DreamHHR
Anyone knows if GM has a small trailer hitch available for the HHR? I need something to carry my mountain bike around.

-or anyone knows which company carries one?
Here's a post regarding a dealer installed hitch.....

Originally Posted by Ric Johnson
My chevy delor had a tow hitch put on my HHR for me. It seems a bit low but ihave tryed it out and it does nor drag on anything. I also noticed that it is prety far back under the car. I will need a 12 inch extension to get out to where i can use it. Also it needs to be higher to keep the trailer level. They needed to move it up and back by fabing a piece on the reciever. Be sure to tell anyone making you a hitch exactly where you want the ball to end up. I am taking mine back to the shop to make them get it right.

Check out this thread for options.......

TRAILER HITCHES
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Banned

Never pay more than 85% of MSRP before July 1 of the model year, 80% after July 1, and try not to finance for longer than 48 mos. and more than 85% of what you wind up paying after taxes and rebates/negotiation.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Well my dream is now reality. I'll be taking delivery later this week. It's coming from another local dealer, they should confirm everything some time today (and get me the VIN).

I went to the local car show this weekend, and there was this lonely silver LS calling my name. I'm not getting that one, but seeing the color up close did confirm my preference for silver - very classy.

The one that I'm getting is as described in my first post.

I must say that the encounter with the dealer "financial advisor" was rather painful. I hate pushy sales people and this one was nasty: prying to sell me a $2500 extended warranty, then an electronic rust protection gimmick, then some life / disability insurance, then some GAP insurance extention. I almost walked out at some point, when she became argumentative about how incredibly irresponsible I was not to buy the rust gimmick. (I know it doesn't work, I've researched the subject before).

Anyway, I'll forget all about it when I get the car.

Yves

Last edited by DreamHHR; 03-27-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2007, 12:46 PM

Name:  congratsbigsmile-1.gif
Views: 15
Size:  10.6 KB on your new purchase. Hope you have many happy miles