General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 PM

Introduction

I didnt see an introduction thread so I guess I will just add it here.

Well this is my first post today. My name, well its the same as my screen name. I am a SSgt in the USAF currently stationed at Maxwell AFB, AL. Its an alright base but I am looking at getting back up north to the snow. Its to hot down here and it effects my golf game.. I went to the Chevy dealer today just to look around and see what was out. I was looking at getting the Colorado but we decided to test drive the HHR and as soon as I pulled back up to the dealer I told him to go ahead and get the papers ready.

Well thats about it I am sure I will get a lot of useful information off this site and hopefully after I learn more about the car I can provide some also.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:13 PM

Aboard, when you get a chance post a picture (we love pictures) and all the great details on your new HHR. There is a wealth of info and knowlegde on this site. Feel free to ask any questions. Welcome again!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll enjoy the HHR as much as we do. There are alot of great and friendly people here so I'm sure any question you'll think of has already been done here. When you get her post some pics
Old 11-11-2006, 06:45 PM

John to a very Crazy Site. You have just entered in to a New Family. A Family that will help you more then your real Family, Trust me you will find out. You are going to meet people who really care about you just because you are a Chevrolet HHr owner. :twothumbs

Last edited by Z-Man; 11-11-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:11 PM

Welcome John! Nice to see more HHRs in this part of the country. Be sure to read the post on others who have served in the military.

Travel down to the gulf coast next summer and I'm sure you'll forget the heat. Or, take leave next spring. You're young enough to mix with the college crowd who visit here!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 PM

Welcome to the site John...you'll find a wealth of information here. Please be sure to check out the sticky on the Problems & Service Issues board that relates to the fuses. We have collectively found as a group that many, if not all of the fuses are not seated properly in the HHR. There are some under the hood and also inside the car on the passenger side near the floor by the center console where all the controls are as well.

Have fun and feel free to ask questions. See ya around the forum.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:13 PM

welcome to the club!
What made you change your mind from gettting a truck to getting a station wagon?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Welcome John! Nice to see more HHRs in this part of the country. Be sure to read the post on others who have served in the military.

Travel down to the gulf coast next summer and I'm sure you'll forget the heat. Or, take leave next spring. You're young enough to mix with the college crowd who visit here!

HAHA... I am actually from FWB. My dad is stationed down there at Eglin. I went to Niceville HS and Choctaw HS. I was used to the heat but when I first joined the AF I got stationed in ND and fell in love with the weather. Some days it would get down to -60 with wind chill so now this heat kills me. I will be back down to FWB next week. Need to take the new car on a trip...

I decided to go with the car because it seemed really nice and I have 3 kids so I can take my kids around with me if need be.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:34 PM

I had an 04 colorado crew cab, the HHR is much more fun and economical to drive, plus you get to hang out with us
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Founding Member

Welcome John! If ya need help finding stuff here, there are allot of helpfull folks here that can head you in the right direction.
Picture, pictures, we like pictures!

Quick Reply: Introduction