General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

It's a 'Panel'

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 PM

I guess from my years of pulling trailers, I just don't have a problem with the "Blind spot". Those little "con-curve" (or is it "convex"?) mirrors I have on my side mirrors seem to work just fine once I got in the habit of actually looking in them!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

Edit:
The oem 4" 'spot' (convex) mirrors were too large for me. I used a piece of fishing line & removed them..
I then added 3" spots, & now can actually see my lower rear tires (great for parking) & also across 3 lanes of traffic as well, all from a very reclined position.. Because the crown of the convex is further out now...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 PM

Back in 2007 I had some kid at a Mcdonalds drive through say "Hey Man what did you do to your PT Cruiser".I told him I traded it in on a HHR still remember how stupid he looked as I drove away laughing at him.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Edit:
The oem 4" 'spot' (convex) mirrors were too large for me. I used a piece of fishing line & removed them..
I then added 3" spots, & now can actually see my lower rear tires (great for parking) & also across 3 lanes of traffic as well, all from a very reclined position.. Because the crown of the convex is further out now...
The previous owner must have done the same to mine, because I have 3" "spots" also. They work great.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Musky- Cool.. just right imo..

Older lady today at the Petrol station, asked me what kind of vehicle mine is..

I told her it was a Chevy HHR Panel.. She said it was very nice, but had never heard of that model.. But was very aware of Chevrolets.

She went on to say, it reminded of her of her (late) Husband's delivery truck, he used for their TV Repair Business..

I said Mam, it was designed by Chevrolet after that very type of vehicle.

She Thanked me for the chat, & jogging good memories of a times gone by, & said: you take care of that Chevy 'what cha call it'..

Made my Day...
Old 03-08-2011, 05:07 PM

Funny! I was telling my wife the other day how it seems that older people are fascinated by my panel. They stop what they're doing and watch me drive by. I realized it was because they remember seeing them everywhere when they were younger! I feel like I'm doing the senior community service by driving it!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 PM

The only blind spots are those in which you do not turn to look.
good one!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Musky
Funny! I was telling my wife the other day how it seems that older people are fascinated by my panel. They stop what they're doing and watch me drive by. I realized it was because they remember seeing them everywhere when they were younger! I feel like I'm doing the senior community service by driving it!
Yep, I agree...It's a good thing..

Even some of the younger gen, like it too.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Yep, I agree...It's a good thing..

Even some of the younger gen, like it too.

Im 22 and I wanted one in 2006 when I first saw an LS model. Because I knew I didn't have the money or skills to build a classic car back then. I still don't have either but I do have an SS!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 PM

my favorite

Originally Posted by panel express
Hi to all , what kind of remote you got ? and is there a way to make the doors open more when you pop them, thanks .
my favorite thing is say it " voice controled" while i pop the remote button in my pocket.....that really amazes some.
With my panel being black , I've had a couple of people say "wow that's some really dark tint".

Quick Reply: It's a 'Panel'