General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

junk--http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-hhr-review.html

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Talking junk--http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-hhr-review.html

glad i never bought an HHR...they seem to be like another cavalier or chevette.....http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-hhr-review.html

Last edited by chooch; 05-05-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: added another lukewarm review.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member

Ok, I'm confused. Why are you glad you DID NOT buy and HHR. The article is generally pretty good and gives some decent accolades to the HHR. I'm not going to argue with you....just wondering on your statement.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM

I don't care what you or anybody else say'a I LOVE MY HHR
Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ballplr
I don't care what you or anybody else say'a I LOVE MY HHR
same here...I loved mine so much that we have 2 of them now, a trouble free '06 and a shiny new '09...no regrets, wouldn't want to drive anything else (unless it were a Camaro)...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Huh!

I'm curious - you've been a member since September 2007 and you don't own (or even like) HHRs...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 PM

maybe a little tongue-in-cheek???
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Wow You get on a HHR site and call them junk..... I say your time is up here since you have already decided its a pos. Thats right my HHR is just like a chevette LMAO are you kidding me?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 PM

From the article..
...Though a little buzzy at the upper end, the four banger emits a nice, raspy growl in around-town driving...
All this added up to a tossable, balanced cruiser that, though it didn’t relish the twisties, reminded us of the surprising refinement offered by GM’s Delta platform...
For what it’s worth, we saw about 24 mpg in mixed driving.

Why you would buy it:
You are seeking an expressive, roomy little runabout with more personality than a typical compact car.

Leftlane’s bottom line
The HHR’s appeal is difficult to put to words; dowdy looks, middling performance and iffy interior accommodations are supposed to add up to mediocrity, but conventional math just doesn’t work here. The All-American (assembled in Mexico) HHR is everything the PT Cruiser never was, and then some, but its appeal will always be limited...Volumes more interesting and enjoyable than an equivalent Cobalt, add it to our list of respect-worthy cars..
Those comments describe my HHR-sign me a quirky fan!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Founding Member

What was this post about if you never bought one?

Originally Posted by chooch
''Just noticed on your pics back window is down 3/4 not all the way. Does 08 have the "children windows" or is it just way the window was? I have 06 and mine go down all the way.''----- many vehicles are purposely designed so that the rear door windows only roll down 3/4 down. Yes , it is a child safety design. Sometimes if you remove the interior door panel, you may find a rubber stopper/block that prevents the glass from winding down any further. Often tho, the manufacturer designed the door itself for just enuff room for the glass to slide down only 3/4's of the way. My own 1987 camry 4 door sedan is one of those cars.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by chooch
hmmmmm.... i like the style/package of the HHR very much. I am glad i never bought one tho. Reading some of these problems just turn me off a potential purchase. My opinion has nothing to do with '' support north american economy''......it has to do with buying a product and having faith it wont nickle and dime me . Just recently, the 2010 chevy equinox was introduced at the Detroit auto show. It looks fantastic inside and out...but then i start thinking of past GM vehicles with crappy brakes, body leaks, poor electrical problems, etc...and maybe i think a 2004 toyota rav4 would be far less troublesome. I hope the $25 billion loan buys gm a bunch of toyota/honda engineers.
Guess I'm wondering why he's here as well. I honestly thought it was tongue-in-cheek comment, but as I read this, he really doesn't own one. Yet, he has 227 posts! This is sort of Twlight Zone.......................

Last edited by AJochum; 05-06-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply: junk--http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-hhr-review.html