General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

LED Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 33willys
I'm the other guy on the road and sometimes get blinded by some lugnut that just has to have half a dozen extra lights on at night. Check with your DMV as to lights and how much you can have legally. I know there is a move afoot to ban the *&^%$ blue headlights. Back in the old days we used to dim the headlights for oncoming cars...not a universal thing today. For those who just can't drive at night without more lights please consider the oncoming vehicles. Try slowing down so as not to overdrive the headlights or park the car at night. Sorry folks, sore subject and I know that not all people that do have extra light are not out to blind other drivers.
I have to quote this whole thing.
I think it's totally stupid to have super bright lights in an area where there is no need for.
I drive the LIE on Long Island where there are street lights to illuminate the road and people must have these lights?
Are these people blind?
I can see them being used in an area that warrant's them.
I can go on but I'll shut up now.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
Solman, I just read through your fog light how to, but I didn't see any mention of if your new wiring had a fuse.
Wiring to fuse panel was fused.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:33 PM

I purchased an led light bar for breaks and turn signals, only problem I'm having is finding the best spot to mount it without interfering with the trunk door. I'd really hate to have to cut into the bumper. Maybe it was just a bad idea on my behalf but if I ever mount it I'll post pictures.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:09 PM

Hey just reviving this page to ask a couple questions... Did anyone ever mount a light bar to their HHR in the lower grille? I am really wanting one on my car and I think I've got the wiring all figured out but I don't know where to mount it. If its in the lower grille does it still shine far enough to be useful?
Old 10-18-2020, 11:20 AM
Administrator

No not really, and then there’s the overheating problem caused by blocking off the lower area of the radiator and AC condenser

Old 10-18-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by KL8T
Hey just reviving this page to ask a couple questions... Did anyone ever mount a light bar to their HHR in the lower grille? I am really wanting one on my car and I think I've got the wiring all figured out but I don't know where to mount it. If its in the lower grille does it still shine far enough to be useful?
Being in Alaska I can see the need for more lighting on the car, you're not from NYC where people do this just because they need to. Macho stuff.
Don't know how long your light bar is, but you would have to build a bracket to mount it.
The lower you mount the bar the less projection effect you will have (aka won't see that far down the road).
I really don't think it would effect air flow to your radiator where you live also.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:14 PM

So oldblue, you've mounted a lightbar in the lower grille and you say it doesn't shine enough light to be worth it?
I'm not SUPER concerned about the cooling element as it rarely gets above 70F here.
And building a bracket isn't anything I'm worried about, I like to think of myself as a decent fabricator.
I was thinking about a 26in light bar as the hole is ~ 30 inches and I don't want to block the whole thing. \
Assuming that it doesn't block off so much air the car overheats (??) I would like to put one in as long as it shines bright enough to be worth the effort. Give me your honest opinion on yes or no if you've done it.
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2020, 04:06 PM
Administrator

I have not installed a light bar in one of my HHR’s , but several have here on the site, Lunchbox comes to mind, I believe it is to low and close to the road, the LED’s don’t cast enough light at that height!
Old 10-19-2020, 06:47 AM

Anybody read post #16 ?
Old 10-19-2020, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Yes, I did, why do you ask?

Quick Reply: LED Light Bar