General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lost an HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 AM

Lost an HHR

Well last Friday a guy tried to make a left hand turn in front of me.

He did not quite make it, to add ising to the cake, he was driving his fiance's Mazda minivan with Temp tags. To add Sprinkles on top. The driver was an unlicensed driver. To add further injury, insurance company that represents the vehicle owner and the vehicle, is denying coverage. Seems that they have a clause in their policy that allows them to deny coverage if an unlicensed driver is driving the vehicle...

I filed with my company under the comprehensive coverage. I am out my deductible. Sent my Title off yesterday. I am getting 11,400 for my HHR 2LT less 500 bucks.

left front fender, bumper, hood, drivers door, lower control arm, strut, sway bar, tie rod, sway bar link, wheel. Toasted they stopped tallying damage when they hit $8000

They believe the sub frame is bent as well.

So VIN 3GNCA53V89S646110 with 54000 miles will be scrapped.

So on a positive note I found this.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

bought it yesterday. walked out the door owning the car after taxes tags ect, for $11K same color same trim level, same year, one owner, clean car fax. Nice thing is it has more options. that mine did not have. Leather, Sunroof, XM, and it has lower miles. My 2LT was a fleet car, so it had cloth seats, no sunroof and no XM....

There was one small problem. the fuel gauge was reading 3/4 full while the DIC was showing low fuel level... They are checking that out now. I will pick up the car on Tuesday or Wed.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 AM

pics are not much...

best my cell phone can muster road side... doesnt look that bad, but the other wheel on the passenger side, is turned to the right and the drivers wheel is touching the inner fender

Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 AM

Sorry to hear you lost the HHR to get another HHR. Glad you were not hurt. Enjoy the improved to you HHR.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:17 AM

while i would have liked to get something newer a bit larger, and maybe european... I just started making payments on my daughters braces and was not looking forward to adding a car payment on top of that... So in three years this HHR will become my daughters when she turns 16 and maybe then I'll get my AMG or M series wagon Unless the wife needs a new car (08 saturn Vue Green line with 48K miles)
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 AM

to rub salt in the wound. about 3 weeks ago I replaced the right front bearing(making noise) and did the transmission fluid/filter change (54K of commuter driving)
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM

I would take them to small claims court for the $500.00 but that's just me.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear of your loss, but it's good to hear that you got into another that was better!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM

I agree with chefhhr except I would go for more. There would have been other expenses that would have been incured. Go for those too.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM

my insurance company is covering everything, including $600 worth of rental car. so the only "out of pocket" expense I am incurring is my deductible... so for 500 bucks. I am getting a car with less miles, more options.. not hateful.. not perfect...but cest le vie..

Yes I have given thought to small claims. Spoke to a lawyer friend at work. He says the only person to sue is the driver. Owner of the vehicle is not responsible, Unless the owner gave permission for the guy to drive the vehicle. But if the owner agrees to this, then the owner has violated a law and would be subsequently arrested. insurance company has a contract that denies their responsibility since an unlawful driver was driving the vehicle. So the Driver is it.... the guy doesn't have a DL and since he's not married, I can't go after his soon to be wife...Chances are he' can't have much of a pot to piss in. I'd have to front all court costs, time off work, ect. essentially throwing about 500+ bucks into trying to retrieve 500. so I wold be out the 500 deduct, plus 500 in court costs. With no guarantee of recovering. While I may get a judgement in my favor, a judgment does not mean a guaranteed payout...

I had a landscape biz in florida for many years and going after those who don't pay their bills was never fun, and it was always a cost benefit analysis... At least with the landscape business, I could put a lien against the property where the work was done, so the judgment had a bit more "teeth".
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM

If there was a chance of winning a lawsuit the Insurance Company would be all over it to cover their costs.

I agree would not make since for you to do it on your own.

Quick Reply: Lost an HHR