General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lost an HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:01 PM

What's the name of the other insurance company with the uninsured driver indemnity clause?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Since the insurance on the car that hit you won't pay you since the driver was unlicensed, will they pay to fix the car he was driving??? I'd guess the answer is no.

So, there may be a little justice in this situation. The fool that let an unlicensed dirtbag drive her car is out of a lot of $$$$$$!

Enjoy the "new" HHR!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 PM

the insurance company for the other driver has a spokesperson named "Flo"

the other car was able to drive away with no apparent major damage other than the left side rear 1/4 where I hit, and the right rear 1/4 where I spun it into the guardrail.

And in all honesty, I can understand an insurance company having an out for a situation where a car was used "unlawfully". I don't have to like it, but I can understand the reasoning...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member

Bummer.... But Best of luck with the replacement !!!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by marcsmith
I am getting 11,400 for my HHR 2LT less 500 bucks.
You are lucky to get that much. I tried to trade my 09 2LT(- Leather) in and they offered me $5000 trade in. They had a 2011 model 1LT on their lot for $13,999. I laughed and walked off.

Mine does have 86K on it but 75% of that was on trips all over the U.S.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Deke40
You are lucky to get that much. I tried to trade my 09 2LT(- Leather) in and they offered me $5000 trade in. They had a 2011 model 1LT on their lot for $13,999. I laughed and walked off.

Mine does have 86K on it but 75% of that was on trips all over the U.S.
I have been finding a huge gap between trade values and what dealers are pricing them for. Seems like the old owners can't wait to get out and there is a line of new owners wanting to take a shot at a cheap economical "suv"

A LOT of 2011s are coming out of fleets and leases. Lots of the out there Many for nearly $15k or more. At minimum 30% mark up.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 AM

got my new (to me) 2009 2lt back home yesterday... will post pics later on...

on a good note, progressive is going to cover everything.... so my new hhr will cost me zero out of pocket....My insurance company will get reimbursed. so hopefully my rates won't go up...

working on getting the PAL reinstalled, and waiting for new trailer hitch bolts...

The leather seats are nice, the heater will roast your chestnuts...even on low. I need to figure out how to disable the seat portion and retain the heater in the backrest portion of the seat...
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM

pics of the new one...

still need to get the trailer hitch installed, and get the front windows tinted, but they stilla few weeks away...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM

Glad to hear progressive is going to cover everything for you. Its only right that they do, you did nothing wrong.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:52 PM

yes it is good, but I can understand that some insurance policies have limitations on liability.

in all honesty, if my car was stolen, and the person who stole the car had a bunch of accidents. I would expect my insurance company to fix my car, but not everyone elses...

I imagine the vehicle owner had to admit that she gave permission for her fiance to drive the car (truth) and also admit that she had no knowledge that her fiance did not have a valid drivers license. (which is proably a lie)

According to the police officer, if a vehicles owner knowingly allowed a person who does not have a drivers license, operate a motor vehicle, then the vehicles owner is also able to be charged with a crime....

so in this case the owner probably lied, to save her fiance from being charged with vehicle theft, and lied by stating that she was unaware that he was unlicensed. I'm sure the someone told her that my insurance would most like attempt to sue her directly if her insurance company could not pay the claim....

no matter I have been made "whole" for lack of a better term... I have not gotten a summons yet to appear as a witness in the states case against the driver...If I get the summons, I will go to court...

Quick Reply: Lost an HHR