General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lt ss ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Lt ss ?

I saw a Victory Red with a white strip that looked like a 06 spring edition to day on the way to work. As I was coming up behind it I could see a odd somthing in front of the LT emblem. When I got close enough i saw it read SS. AS I went beside it it had SS emblems on the side. I guess some one was trying to impress people. From the front it was a normal LT thought it did have a nice billet grill on it. I couldn't get a pic as I was turnong left and it went straight. If I see it again I will try to get some pics.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:19 PM

thats not the only pretend SS around. i saw one on my way to work one morning a few weeks back. it was a burgundy hhr with victory stripes over the top and back of the car. i caught up to it and noticed the ''SS'' badge with regular bumpers and steelies with wheel covers. im pretty sure it was a LS considering it didnt have fog lights. im not sure why people do the pretend thing??????
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 PM

Because most people dont know the difference anyways....yet along WHAT an HHR is.....
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 AM

I own a SS and I still get many who think I just stuck the emblems on till I open the hood. The Turbo engine is a shock to them.

They always come up and tell me they love the new front end I put on and what I did with the car. Then the shock of Chevy sold these takes effect when I tell them. The next question was when and I never saw them.

The SS is a good way to own a factory custom I guess. LOL!

The shock of a factoy SS is a lot but when I tell them it has 290 HP that one really puts them over the edge. You get a blank stare like What....??????? I will pull away from the gas station and make a short fast pull and pop the BOV.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Ugh...fake badging. Yuck yuck yuck. I will always detest that, no matter what the make or model. And what's the point anyway? In the case of an HHR, non-enthusiasts aren't going to pay attention to an HHR anyway, let alone give a damn if there's an "SS" on it; meanwhile, enthusiasts and even more casual HHR owners are going to know right away if the HHR they're looking at is a true SS or not.

Of course, if some are willing to spend the money to install the SS body effects and apply the SS badging then, they'll fool some people...but then the non-SS seats and gauge cluster will give it away.

To me , it's pretty simple: if you want an SS, buy an SS. It even comes with SS badges, so you don't have to buy them later.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 AM

While I agree fake badging is lame, having had an LT before, I totally understand how bad you can want an SS. Considering there are a few good sleepers around (custom TC/SC), I'd want to open the hood before passing final judgement. If I could have hooked up the garrett TC I have in storage, I'd have sported a 2LT "SS" for sure.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

If it's not a real SS, then it's not. I don't think you can "earn" the right to put on SS badges just because you modded or souped up your LT.
Fake Nike shoes,fake CD"S,fake HHR SS's. They're all still fake.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Deceased

Give it 40 years and people will call it an "SS Tribute or Clone", happens all the time with muscle cars. Want to get my blood pressure up, ask me if my SS is "real" at a car show. I'll happily show you the body tags and window sticker, then when you've wondered off to look at something else....I'll go find a tree to beat my head against.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Give it 40 years and people will call it an "SS Tribute or Clone", happens all the time with muscle cars. Want to get my blood pressure up, ask me if my SS is "real" at a car show. I'll happily show you the body tags and window sticker, then when you've wondered off to look at something else....I'll go find a tree to beat my head against.
thats too funny! not to get off topic but i assume you're rooting for JR today?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM

That's affirmative, firemangeorge. I would not have actually badged a soup-up as an SS. I would rather have made people think all HHRs are that awesome. Fortunantely, my SS I have now is the real deal.