General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Most Reliable Year of HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Take a look at the Holden web site and it is just a rebadged Chevy with the Cruze Malibu Colorado etc.
Not really true. Holden has been around since the mid 1800s and became a subsidiary of GM in 1931. So to say it's "just a rebadged Chevy" is a gross generalization if not just flat wrong. More accurately, they share the same platform as some of the other GM vehicles as they have for many years.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 PM

dear crazy canuck, my window switches are in the center console. and i have an 08 panel.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by db/sb
Not really true. Holden has been around since the mid 1800s and became a subsidiary of GM in 1931. So to say it's "just a rebadged Chevy" is a gross generalization if not just flat wrong. More accurately, they share the same platform as some of the other GM vehicles as they have for many years.
What you claim is no longer true, have you have not checked out Holden lately. In the last couple years they have moved Holden to the point only a couple cars vary from Holen and Chevy. In the next couple year that will even change more to be the same.

Today the main line of cars Holden sells are the familiar Volt, Cruze, Captiva, Spark, Sonic, coming Malibu and Colorado. Chevy is getting the VF here now though limite in volume.

It is expected Holden will get a version of the new Global Alpha based Camaroin RHD and possible they may get the new Impala too.

Note too the Holden VF may not be around long after 2017 and Chevy and Holden may share a joint RWD sedan on the new Alpha platform.

Chevy and Holden may have a few variations in sub models like the Cruze wagon etc that they will not share but for the most part Holden is going to be a Chevy with a lion head in place of the bow tie.

Check out the web site of present and future Holden models and you will see what has happened now and will happen down under. The cars down under that once were strange and different will for the most part be just like we have here with a different emblem and the steering on the right.

Check it out and you will see what I mean GM and Chevy will have 90% of their models global in most markets. The Holden name may remain but that will be about all that will remain. The VE and future VF are making up less and less of their market and the smaller FWD cars are making up more.

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles
Old 10-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by panelmoxie
dear crazy canuck, my window switches are in the center console. and i have an 08 panel.
Only the SS had them in the doors in 08. He I think has a SS.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Only the SS had them in the doors in 08. He I think has a SS.
Absolutely right. When I was car shopping I was looking for a 2008 LT with all the goodies (heated leather seats, chrome, etc). My son enlightened me to the SS and I recall it odd that the LT had the window switches on the console and the SS had them on the doors. After some web research, I later found out that it was for better shifter reach in the performance version.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Absolutely right. When I was car shopping I was looking for a 2008 LT with all the goodies (heated leather seats, chrome, etc). My son enlightened me to the SS and I recall it odd that the LT had the window switches on the console and the SS had them on the doors. After some web research, I later found out that it was for better shifter reach in the performance version.
Truth is it was just better for everyone.

At least they did not put them on the headliner like Saab.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by panelmoxie
Sorry. My bad. I wasn't trying to incite a debate..lol
I got my Info from a consumer report website...I guess 08 was a transition year..Maybe it was 09 on that they were on the doors on all models....
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by A Crazy Canuck
Sorry. My bad. I wasn't trying to incite a debate..lol
I got my Info from a consumer report website...I guess 08 was a transition year..Maybe it was 09 on that they were on the doors on all models....
Not a big deal it was just one of those odd things where the buttons changed on one version but not the others.

The only real mistake you made was going to Consumer Reports.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 AM

The most reliable year model hhr.... The 2013 model. Lol
Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 AM

we have 2, a 09 and a 10 bothdo not have a lot of miles yet but we have no complaints. Biggest problem was we both had to replace right front tires from things in the road . OH well such is life

Quick Reply: Most Reliable Year of HHR?