General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The Most Stupid Stuff Salesmen Have Told You

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 PM

The Most Stupid Stuff Salesmen Have Told You

Like the title says: What is the dumbest stuff a
dealer ship salesman has told you.

There is a thread like this over on Camaro 5.Com and there have been some real doozies. I just saw the thread bout the 11 HHR SS and the Panel that apparently has wood down the side. That gave me the idea to try this over here. So lets hear every ones dumbest things dealerships have told you !
Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Look at those petty alloy wheels.... that rattle when you kick them.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 PM

My used 2011 HHR doesn't use a Key FOB to Lock and unlock the doors because when they got my HHR it didn't come with one!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Deceased

"I can't drive a stick shift so we'll have to take another car, but there really isn't any difference Sir."

At a certain Charlotte Chevy dealership where they had a really nice Z-24 with a five speed, or two base Cavalier 4 doors with 3-speed Hydramatics. Well back in 1990 the 3.1 in the Z-24 gave 140hp, and the 2.0 in the base models wheezed out 90hp.

If you're gonna sell cars, better learn how to grab gears...ugh.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Platinum Member

I think I got ya beat 843de - A few years ago I was at a local Chrysler/Dodge dealership, I was looking at one of their new arrivals late in the evening (it might have been the new Challenger) - the salesman was standing a few feet away, with a new Viper behind him, and I made some remark about the new arrival looking like it was pretty fast - his response: put you in that car and I'll jump in the Viper and I'll $%&@ you up the *&^!

Say WHAT? I was stunned - had to just walk away........... I think he realized he stepped over the line - WAY over the line. But then again maybe he didn't.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Administrator

If you buy that car you'll drive it home today, and we'll have the PDI done so you can pick it up next Thursday after we repaint the hood and front fender, (damaged by said sales person) after test drive. I just turned and walked away!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 AM

Black to White

Many years ago I was at a dealership in Saginaw, Michigan looking at cars. A man came up to the salesman who was spraying water all over their new asphalt lot.

The man said "what does that do turn the pavement white?"

The salesman looked at me then at the man and in all seriousness said "Why yes..... yes it does."

I'll never forget that, I laughed all the way home. If a salesman will tell you that he will tell you anything.

Boydie Back in the Saddle..........................

Originally Posted by DwHhr2LT
Like the title says: What is the dumbest stuff a
dealer ship salesman has told you.

There is a thread like this over on Camaro 5.Com and there have been some real doozies. I just saw the thread bout the 11 HHR SS and the Panel that apparently has wood down the side. That gave me the idea to try this over here. So lets hear every ones dumbest things dealerships have told you !
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM

My wife and I were test driving a vehicle for her (pre-owned). The thing broke down on the test drive. The salesperson stated that he would have the engine repaired after we finished up all the paperwork (almost in a "you break it - you buy it" tone).
We advised him to get it repaired and then we would come back and test drive it again.

*Turns out a plug wire had touched the manifold and melted enough to ground out*
We bought it a week later. Running smoothly to this day!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Deceased

Perhaps the dumbest thing they all say is, "What can I do to get you in this car today?"

I have a stock set of replies....

* Levitate
* Magic Tricks
* Predict The Future
* My Laundry
* The Chicken Dance
* Shoot My Mother In Law
* Turn Into A Bunny Rabbit

And the one that usually sends them running...Hold Me.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

LOL @ 843de!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The Most Stupid Stuff Salesmen Have Told You