General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My HHR Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 AM

Have they tried re-seating the fuses and relays? I know those fuses have given people fits on this forum in the past. If that doesn't work, I'd call a priest and have an exorcist performed
Old 06-03-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks for all your comments.
I live in KY where OH and WV borders me. I had been looking for this HHR in my area for months and the local guy was not even carrying them. So I bought this HHR from a major dealer in Dayton OH. After having the local guys try to fix it for 3 times in a row, I gave up on them and took it back to the OH Dealer. The OH Lemon laws do cover my butt as the car has to be no older then a year and not more then 18.000 miles. I am covered as it was an 07, and I got it as a dealer demo with only 2,000 on it and have only 6,000on it now.
I got a call from the service guy and he told me (his words) I am calling about your stupid car... he laughed. He said we can not get it to repeat the problem, and then when we do, as soon as we start to hook it up to test it, it stopps. They have seen it do it, they saw it do it and they have been working with the GM Techs at the Corp office and they all have no idea what is going on. Again his words.
Yes they fuses have been pushed down, yes the fuses have been replaced and as one person said, it sound like the whole electrical stuff needs to be replaced and I am agreeing with that. How are you going to be able to find one wire with a short? Like I said, they are even getting errord code they have never seen before (watchdog failure) The main tech guy said, what the hell does that mean. I have never even hard of watchdog failure.
And yes sometimes I do believe it is my mom coming back to give me fits as a car. LOL..... it would be her style.
I have also kept my cool, also got all the repair docs and I have been very understanding and nice to everyone. One person even said I would be screaming and yelling by now. I said why? Acting like an ass does not mean you will get better service.
So, I posted this on here in hope SOMEONE would be having the same issues and in hope help us figure out what is going on, but it sounds like I just happened to get the only car doing this.
But THANK YOU ALL for your posts and I will keep you posted.
They said the senior tech was going to drive the car home and back in the morning in hopes to get it to go nuts.
I will let you know what is going on.
By the way, I have not kept the milage to see what they have been putting on it. I do have a general idea of what it was when I took it in. And I also bought the extended coverage that is bumper to bumper all the way to 100,000 miles. So I know I am covered with warranty.
So... if I learn of something soon, I will let you guys know.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:46 AM

Update:

I was to drive up there today since they can not get it to mess up again. They called me early this morning and told me that last night it messed up for about a few seconds and then went back to normal. Was not enough time for them to hook up test equipment. So, they are going to keep it until they can get it messing up again.
I am getting close to calling Chevy direct and telling them I have had it. I love the HHR but this one if a major lemon.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:56 PM

Yep, once the dealer starts keeping it for extended periods and admits they still cant find the problem, its time to start talking replacement. Or a free rental until they do fix it. Ask for a vette.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:03 PM

Update Again

Well guys,
Thought I would let you know we are starting on week 3 of my HHR being at the dealers. They have put almost 1000 miles on it trying to get it to act up. They see it do it from time to time but can never get it to stay screwed up long enough to run the tests. The service guy I deal with has even called the car "stupid" a few times. I went ahead and started my claim for a buy out. I have said either buy me out or give me a new HHR. I will even pay the difference. It went from the customer rep to the District Manager. They have talked to the service manager at the dealer and he even said they are doing all they can to fix it even talking to the GM Techs, but can not get it to act up long enough to do anything to it.
I taked to the service guy and he said he is surprised that GM has not settled with me because he made it very clear this is not a very reliable car. The DM called me back and said they are still working on the car and hope to have some answer soon. I informed them I am supposed to leave next week for NC beach and said I guess I will take the rental car. He said well we will get back to you sometime next week. So, it is up in the air right now.
But after seeing some other posts of people with electrical problems seems that GM needs to address this issue asap or they will have more on their hands.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Guess you now know why the 1st owner dumped it since it only had 4K on the clock. Good luck one way or the other and hope they fix it or you can get a HHR that is trouble free. It really is a great little car and I give the design people a up on this one.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Major Update

Well, guys... I am shocked. I got a call from the guys in Dayton and they told me they thought they finally fixed it. Seems there are some Saturns that are doing the same thing as mine and they found out that those parts are also in the HHR. So, they replaced those parts as well as the wiring box that is the dash and I drove it back home to KY and not one mess up and then took it to SC to the beach and it drove great down and back... not one single electrical problem. SO... looks like I got my HHR back.... and I am happy, I really didn't want to give up the car.

Thinks to all the post and OH.... no one owned it before, it was a dealer's demo and only had 2k on it.

Thanks again... looking forward to posting more in other parts of this site. Oh by the way, is the HHR event in Pigeon Forge still on?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin's HHR
Oh by the way, is the HHR event in Pigeon Forge still on?
In 2009 yes
Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin's HHR

First of all... has anyone ever run into this before? Or am I the only one? Also, I am about ready to tell them, ok folks what we have here is a lemon and it is time to talk about another car.

Any thoughts or comments?
Yes. I have the problem with the dash lights. Sometimes they don't come on until a few miles down the road. I will have to check codes.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 09-21-2008 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Shortened quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 AM

Glad they got you fixed up.

Glad they got you fixed up. Keep us informed. Curly