General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

MY old HHR never looked so good

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 PM

MY old HHR never looked so good

http://www.autofairhonda.com/used/Ch...tory/index.htm

HOWEVER............I saw it on the lot today and they have put this awful graphics down the side..........it has the letters HHR on it and looks like mesh blocks Also a black and gold pin-striping....why they are showing these pics without it is beyond me....AND Imperial Blue????

Miss that car a bunch but with gas the way it is going and driving 100 miles a day it was really starting to hit in the wallet on 14-15 gallon fill-ups.

Never knew how attached you could get to heated seats lol....

Gotta commend them on the detailer though...car never looked better lol

Goose
Old 03-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Goose-

What kind of mileage does yer new hondo get ?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Deceased

Not much you can do when you give 'em up for adoption. Although the fella that bought the two Corvairs I sold off in December knows I'll drive up to Virginia and give him all kinds of hell if he messes them up. Just kidding, they're his now, but it would just make me sick to see them wrecked or modded out of recognition.

On a sad note, the original owner of my SS is terminal and he's going fast according to his daughter. So I'm afraid that it won't be too long until I have to keep my promise to lead the procession with his old car. I view myself more as the caretaker of the SS until many years from now, I find someone to keep it and enjoy it.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member

Yes I know about selling toys.. It can bug ya ..

Mike- Very sorry to learn about the Original Owner of the SS. Any chance of taking him for a last ride (before he passes)..

side note: Jay Leno says: we are just care takers of our collectable rides, for the next owners..
Old 03-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Deceased

Sadly sleeper he's already in hospice care and his weekly calls to check up on his "baby" ended two weeks ago. His daughter says he's not in pain and when he's capable he still talks cars and hunting with the family. I knew that the day we met to transfer the car it would be his last ride, over the years of gently negotiating on the car we've become friends and that really makes this hit home.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring this thread to such a sad place, you just have to remember to live each day to its fullest.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Platinum Member

843-
That hurts, a close friend just passed, & I know what you mean..

But agree, have to live each day to the fullest..

Today is a 'present'..Tomorrows are unknown..
Old 03-14-2011, 03:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend

I have about 1700 miles on it and through a few fillups I'm at a little over 35 mpg...not bad for an engine breaking in on winter gas...I'm at about 37 mpg on this tank though....

My wife also has 2010 Fit that we bought in January of 2010....her mpg in the warmer months with the summer blend gas was consistently right around 40 mpg and sometimes as high as 42 mpg.

Not too shabby for a non-hybrid

Goose
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Sorry to hear about your friend

I have about 1700 miles on it and through a few fillups I'm at a little over 35 mpg...not bad for an engine breaking in on winter gas...I'm at about 37 mpg on this tank though....

My wife also has 2010 Fit that we bought in January of 2010....her mpg in the warmer months with the summer blend gas was consistently right around 40 mpg and sometimes as high as 42 mpg.

Not too shabby for a non-hybrid

Goose
So, are you hangin' out on the Honda boards yet? Talkin' about big fart can mufflers and big wings? Gotta get one of those 5" outlet mufflers - might be worth a couple MPG!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by LewiSS
So, are you hangin' out on the Honda boards yet? Talkin' about big fart can mufflers and big wings? Gotta get one of those 5" outlet mufflers - might be worth a couple MPG!
And
Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM

I like the way the dealer streeeeeeeeeeeeetched out the option and spec sheet.....like that little car has so much in it theres no room for the driver!!!

Quick Reply: MY old HHR never looked so good