General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My springtime plans for the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by prod
I would do a test fit of the wheels first. My 16" Catera wheels were hitting the front brake calipers and required 1/8" spacers. Your 17" may not, but would be a good idea for you to check.
Thank you, but I bought these off of another member here that previously had them on his HHR so I should be all set
Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Got these this morning From Wretched Motorsports. Have to wait until spring to put them in thoughhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/northeast__rod__run/5373050796/
Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM

why paint the wheels why not have them powered coated I had mine gloss black and love them, if they get nicked I bought gloss black nail polish at the drug store, Eibach will have their new rear sway bar ou next month. enjoy the ride.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
why paint the wheels why not have them powered coated I had mine gloss black and love them, if they get nicked I bought gloss black nail polish at the drug store, Eibach will have their new rear sway bar ou next month. enjoy the ride.
I want to have them bodycolor and with powdercoating it won't be a perfect match. Also, I some of my own powdercoating and powdercoating has one major drawback over paint.

When paint gets light scratches in it you can just buff them out, but with powdercoating they are there for life. I don't really like to coat any part of a car that is seen everyday. mainly underhood and underbody parts are all I will do.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Have a few things planned all dependant on money and a little help from a good friend

1). Install Wet Okole Seat Covers
2). Install Rear Sway Bar
3). Paint Calipers
4). Mount New Rims and Tires
5). Might Install New Headlights
6). Thought about Pedders but don't want to go too low with a daily driver in Michigan

Hopefully can have all this done by June 4th
1. Half Check - Still need to install the rears
2. Still sitting in box in living room
3. Once it warms up
4. Check
5. Check
6. Not doing
7. Stage 1 - Check
8. HIDs - Check
Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 PM

Well springtime is here, so it's time for some updates. Although I have most of the parts already, nothing has been installed yet, but I now have a pretty concrete plan.

What I decided to do was make my own version of a special panel edition of the HHR. I'm going with a theme that will be very tastefully done (I hope), that should look like something you could have special ordered from the factory. It will be more of an appearance package than a perfomance package. Last night I finally finished designing my centercaps and the rest of the striping and logos for the "Rod Run Edition" HHR, so here are the plans...........

Exterior:
Shaved front bumper
Relocated front plate bracket
Custom color-matched mesh grill
Smoothed color matched side mirrors
Special striping and emblems/logos
Tinted marker lights
Tinted windows

Wheels and Tires:
Custom painted Cadillac Catera 17" x 7.5" wheels
Custom designed centercaps
Nitto Invo 235/45/17 tires

Suspension and Brakes:
HHR SS struts and shocks
Pedders springs
Larger swaybars
Color-matched calipers
Slotted rotors

I do have a few more plans but I'm not going there yet. I should be starting the work within the next week or so and it shouldn't take me long once I get going. I would like it all done by the 21st of May, but with one of my other cars at the bodyshop right now, I don't think they would be able to finish that one and this one by then. I will have everything else done though, because I am doing the rest of the work myself.

I will update as I do the work.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 PM

My tires came in last night and that lit a fire under my ass, so today I installed my struts, shocks, and springs. It rides quite a bit firmer now

Tomorrow morning I'm going to bring my wheels to the shop to get them painted. I don't know if he has time to do them right now, but at least they'll be there if he does get anytime soon.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
My tires came in last night and that lit a fire under my ass, so today I installed my struts, shocks, and springs. It rides quite a bit firmer now

Tomorrow morning I'm going to bring my wheels to the shop to get them painted. I don't know if he has time to do them right now, but at least they'll be there if he does get anytime soon.
I just painted my catera wheels gunmetal, with a bowtie emblem on the center cap. It sounds like we will have some similar mods.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
Well springtime is here, so it's time for some updates. Although I have most of the parts already, nothing has been installed yet, but I now have a pretty concrete plan.

What I decided to do was make my own version of a special panel edition of the HHR. I'm going with a theme that will be very tastefully done (I hope), that should look like something you could have special ordered from the factory. It will be more of an appearance package than a perfomance package. Last night I finally finished designing my centercaps and the rest of the striping and logos for the "Rod Run Edition" HHR, so here are the plans...........

Exterior:
Shaved front bumper
Relocated front plate bracket
Custom color-matched mesh grill
Smoothed color matched side mirrors
Special striping and emblems/logos
Tinted marker lights
Tinted windows

Wheels and Tires:
Custom painted Cadillac Catera 17" x 7.5" wheels
Custom designed centercaps
Nitto Invo 235/45/17 tires

Suspension and Brakes:
HHR SS struts and shocks
Pedders springs
Larger swaybars
Color-matched calipers
Slotted rotors

I do have a few more plans but I'm not going there yet. I should be starting the work within the next week or so and it shouldn't take me long once I get going. I would like it all done by the 21st of May, but with one of my other cars at the bodyshop right now, I don't think they would be able to finish that one and this one by then. I will have everything else done though, because I am doing the rest of the work myself.

I will update as I do the work.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by bassbase
I've only done the suspension so far, so it's not really worth pics yet.

I'll try to get some pics up after next weekend, when I hopefully get the wheels and tires on

Quick Reply: My springtime plans for the HHR