General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

A National Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:52 AM

Actually that would be kinda' cool !!! and I could drive on to Tj and get a tuck and roll interior while I was there...hahaha. Where is the assembly plant in Mexico anyway???
Old 10-27-2006, 12:34 PM

Stan and Pat
If you want to drive to Mexico its will take us 2 1/2 days if you drive like me and Nova and thats if we start out from the South Side of Chicago but I will tell ya, We will be moving and none of this Slow Down(Stuff).

Old 10-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

Hey everyone....

Even though a "meet" to the assembly plant in Mexico would be neat, I said it with a large amount of jest.....I was not serious. Without GM support it could not be done....and having it in Mexico would compound the problem.

The plant is in Ramos, which is kind of a "suburb" of Monterrey, about 125 miles south of Laredo, TX.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:36 PM

Aw come on, if we show up they would let us in ...hahaha... I didn't know where in Mexico, so I do appreciate that info...I have worked in a couple of auto plants and touring those is cool !!!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:42 PM

Stan
Won't your HHr make it that far. I just might have to ask the Latino Lunch Box to take you in his HHr.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Z-man...

I did not say I would not attend....but, trying to capture members approval, could be a challenge....remember, all the bi***ing regarding the need of a passport !!!!

What part of my post (#119) did you not understand. I always heard people from Chicago are a little slow...but I thought that was related to cars.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

You know.....

Not to start the BI***ING and complaining again, but SoCal Mike might be on to something with his OK City recommendation.

I think GM still has a very large, but idled and vacant, assembly plant there (OK members can confirm this). With the plant empty and not sold, the parking area would be unlimited, GM could get some exposure for the sale, and OK City may win a new business and thus taxes. Could be a win-win-win. GM may even be more receptive to sponsoring and "pop" for the use of the property.

Just expressing a thought, so don't shoot the messenger.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:44 PM

Hey Stan
Chill out Bud we know you were just playing. I really do hope Milk(SoCal) does get it off the ground, I could use a good road trip. I hope to meet you at eighter Run in Wis, Mo, OK City, or were ever. later Bud and by the way we are both fast here in Chicago. Remember expressing thoughts is what this is all about as long as we have fun. Right!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Z-man....

I'm "Chilled" . I just didn't understand your comment coming from "left field" . I said nothing of not making any event.....in fact, to the contrary. And, I gave brief, but descriptive reasons for not using the Ramos facility (if you go back a couple of months, you will see I informed everyone I will no longer "play nice" when, and if, I am giving an opinion...people just misinterpet, anyhow....so, it is direct and to the point). And, I said it was a jest. IF your comment was an attempt at humor, I misread it. I thought you read something in my post, that was not there.

Additionally, if you believe I am supporting Mike, or anyones suggestion regarding a National Meet location....you are wrong (at this point of preliminary discussion). I will probably be able to make a meet anywhere in the North America, so with some reservation, it really will not matter where it is held.

Finally, I thought the thread was really kind of a "brain storming" thread, until people got hostile, and violated the basic principle of that tool. I tried to reinstall the theory with my post...but again, that was misread.

I agree.....the basic format of a Forum is to express thoughts, pro and con. But, I am continually amazed at members who do not hold to this principal, when the content of discussion is adverse to their way of thinking.

I'm done now.....I'll make no more posts on this thread, until some ideas are down for vote. I'm not mad, maybe disappointed is a better word....I just don't see this thread staying productive...(scaleguy, et. al...keep working at it)

Good Luck.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:48 PM

Take it easy Snoop

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hey Z-man...

I did not say I would not attend....but, trying to capture members approval, could be a challenge....remember, all the bi***ing regarding the need of a passport !!!!

What part of my post (#119) did you not understand. I always heard people from Chicago are a little slow...but I thought that was related to cars.
Hey Snoopy, some of us here in Chi-Town uderstood the humor... You gotta add just a few more smiley faces.
Some members may very well enjoy trying to get out of Mex., may see it as fun.
Fun is what this is all about, mention the rides occasionally though.

Quick Reply: A National Run