General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Owner, New to site

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:04 AM

New Owner, New to site

Hi all! I'm new to the site. I picked up my used (24,741 miles) '06 Sunburst orange 2LT today! I am still learning about the features of the car, but I really like it so far. I cringed with every bug that hit the windsheild on the way home from the dealer.

This is the first car that I have fealt strongly enough about to join a forum dedicated to it. I am a cyclist and one of the things that drew me to the HHR was the room in the back. I had looked at many SUV,s and really didn't care for the ride of most. The HHR seemed to have the best combination of style, mileage, and utility of all the vehicles I looked at.

I will be looking at mods that I can do to dress up the car a bit as time goes on. But for now I am just happy to have a car that has character again.

I sold my '99 Mercury Sable and used the cash for a downpayment on the HHR. While the Sable was a very competent car, it lacked character and just blended in with everything else on the road. I hope to be able to keep my HHR for a very long time as I am really excited about this car.

Thanks for all of the great input on the HHR so far. I lurked on this site for a week before I finally diceded to pull the trigger and buy my car. I will post pics soon, but they won't be special yet as the car is stock right now.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 AM

Let me be the first
Old 08-17-2007, 03:29 AM

Of course your pics will be special. They'll be of YOUR HHR
Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Frozenspokes
Hi all! I'm new to the site. I picked up my used (24,741 miles) '06 Sunburst orange 2LT today! I am still learning about the features of the car, but I really like it so far. I cringed with every bug that hit the windsheild on the way home from the dealer.

This is the first car that I have fealt strongly enough about to join a forum dedicated to it. I am a cyclist and one of the things that drew me to the HHR was the room in the back. I had looked at many SUV,s and really didn't care for the ride of most. The HHR seemed to have the best combination of style, mileage, and utility of all the vehicles I looked at.

I will be looking at mods that I can do to dress up the car a bit as time goes on. But for now I am just happy to have a car that has character again.

I sold my '99 Mercury Sable and used the cash for a downpayment on the HHR. While the Sable was a very competent car, it lacked character and just blended in with everything else on the road. I hope to be able to keep my HHR for a very long time as I am really excited about this car.

Thanks for all of the great input on the HHR so far. I lurked on this site for a week before I finally diceded to pull the trigger and buy my car. I will post pics soon, but they won't be special yet as the car is stock right now.
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your new ride.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:08 AM

Welcome!!!!!!!
Hope you have a blast with your HHR.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:14 AM

Welcome to the Fourm and Enjoy the Ride.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:29 AM

to the forum btw nice choice of color
Old 08-17-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dan's HHR
to the forum btw nice choice of color
I swear, we must have looked at every color we could find. I almost purchased a purple one. It was a 1LT with the grey cloth interior. The price was right, but something about the car gave me the a bad feeling. I think it may have been wrecked in spite of the clean carfax report. I'm so glad that I waited and found this one. The Leather seats pushed it over the top for me.

Man I think this car has just about every option on it in the catalog! I'm so glad it found me. The sable was a great car and optioned out really well ($29,000 MSRP new). I don't feel like I'm giving up much going to the HHR, and I'm gaining better fuel mileage, more utility, and PERSONALITY!!!!

Here are the options that I have found so far. Some of this is probably standard for the 2LT.

Side curtain airbags
Running boards
Leather seats (heated front)
ABS
Traction Control
Power Sunroof
Luggag rack side rails (why don't they have cross bars? )
6 disk CD changer
7 speaker stereo (I thought it sounded like crap when I first drove the car, but then found out it was set on "talk". WOW, putting the EQ on "rock" sure made a difference!)
Remote controls for radio on steering wheel
Mud flaps

That's what I can think of for right now. Pics to come later today. Hell, I may find more stuff by then.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:36 PM

WELCOME! Hope you love your HHr as I do mine!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Glad to welcome another SOM to the club!

Looking forward to pics!

Quick Reply: New Owner, New to site