General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
There's at least one in the country, got a pic of it too!

Would be sweet, but its a Pontiac and we dont have one of those anymore.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by 1970judge
If I want that ****, id move to Europe.
There are many in goverment who what to bring it to you. Something you need to find out before you vote.

The Ute that Pontiac has could be easily brought here with the Chevy nose from the Middle east. The road block right now is the limited sales and the exchange rate of the dollar. It make it hard to bring here had sell it for a resonable price.

Chevy is bringing the long wheel based Holen as a chevy in 2011 and looks to bring back the G8 as a Chevy sports sedan in 2012. Exchange rates and gas prices may change the 2012 car. Time will tell.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:13 PM

I don't really see the need for a small hhr type suv. With how well the Nox and even the GMC Terrain is selling, it is better to put the money somewhere else. The GMC dealership in town is selling the Terrian very well, and I am glad that they werent around when I got my SS. I test drove the terrain ltz and wow fully loaded and way more interior room, it would have been a tough decision. Plus the optional v6.

And as far as the pontiac g8 coming to the US, it already is. But as the Chevy Caprice Police Cruiser. It will be a few years before we can buy them on the secondary market as a retired police cruiser.

I willbe looking at the prices when that time comes

http://www.chevroletcapriceppv.com/?...y_caprice#home
Old 05-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Oh great just what we need people that can't drive now flying over my house on a I Pod 12G.

The truth is if the goverment has their way you will either be in a car like a TATA Nano or on a bus.
The poeple that have the cash will fly in 20 years reguardless of gov. restrictions .
Old 05-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
I don't really see the need for a small hhr type suv. With how well the Nox and even the GMC Terrain is selling, it is better to put the money somewhere else.
The Nox and Terrain are actually a bit larger than the HHR and also more expensive. Typical dealer options have them way more expensive than a well equipped (non SS) HHR. If GM had versions of the two new SUV's starting at $18k then you'd have a point, but since they start at around $22k and typically sticker between $25k and $30k I'd say something less expensive needs to be slotted in under the wonder twins.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by trimotor
The Nox and Terrain are actually a bit larger than the HHR and also more expensive. Typical dealer options have them way more expensive than a well equipped (non SS) HHR. If GM had versions of the two new SUV's starting at $18k then you'd have a point, but since they start at around $22k and typically sticker between $25k and $30k I'd say something less expensive needs to be slotted in under the wonder twins.
Keep watching the Olando was not removed without a plan.

Besides the Nox right now is a major cash cow. The profit on it is a home run.

The Nox is priced right at or below the average cost of a new car today. It is doing good inspite of the economy. As the economy is not going make a fast recovery soon despite some a few in the goverment who think different a lower price wagon/suv will be good to have as money gets tighter.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
The poeple that have the cash will fly in 20 years reguardless of gov. restrictions .
Only if you buy or steel a plane.

The cars will remain on the ground.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by steven&cat
Would be sweet, but its a Pontiac and we dont have one of those anymore.

Yeah that was from Holden too just like the G8. I hope they do bring it over to here, it is a unique vehicle.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Something that Chevy could build that would appeal to me would be a Cruze "Nomad" type wagon with sport suspension/brakes/wheels/trim and the Ecotec 2.0 powering it. Fun to drive with some added practicality.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RoadDawg831
Something that Chevy could build that would appeal to me would be a Cruze "Nomad" type wagon with sport suspension/brakes/wheels/trim and the Ecotec 2.0 powering it. Fun to drive with some added practicality.
Well GM has been tossing around a Wagon and Coupe Cruze as well as a SS version. Keep your ears open.

As for the Ute it could be made a Chevy very Very easy. Note that the large LWB Holden will be here as a Caprice Police package in 2011 as well as a Caprice or Impala RWD Zeta in 2012-13. At least that is the plan as of now. Thing can change depending on needs as witnessed by the Orlando.

Quick Reply: No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.