General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

No more HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Unhappy No more HHR

Hey everyone...Just wanted to say although I loved my HHR, unfortunately there were problems with the vehicle that my local Chevy Dealer could not repair. Essentially, the ABS, and traction Control Systems were periodically malfunctioning, causing the vehicle to decelerate and hard to control.

It was decided by Chevy to replace the vehicle with a New Sonic LTZ. Its not a bad little car, but I do miss the functionality of the HHR.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM

It is unfortunate that Chevy has nothing available to replace the HHR. A Buick Encore is about the same size with more "luxury", made in Korea and about $27K..

With all the standard troublesome addons like ABS, Trac control, anti lock brakes, tire pressure monitors, I'm glad that those were all options on the 06's and are not on my HHR.

Last edited by Old Lar; 03-09-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-09-2013, 03:45 PM

good choice of replacement, though. I like what Chevy has done with the sonic, the interiors are funky in a way the HHR should always have been. I rented one recently and it was slow (no turbo) but cute, and it left me wishing for some more colour in the interior of the HHR. Off I go to the dash kit threads :)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM

I purchased my '09 HHR over 1 year ago from a dealer with under 40K miles. This car has had one problem after another. This is ridiculous! Has anyone else had a similar experience? It's time to get rid of it - I have never done that with any car!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Premium Member

I think the OP just said it happened to him, I have seen a couple more that Chevy bought back, both were SS, they never could get them running right. I don't think GM is alone in building something that needs fixing. Actually the HHR ranks among the best.http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ncoln/1914527/

That doesn't help that yours has been a problem. What have you fixed so far ?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM

When the company makes a replacement of a defective car for another, how does that work ?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 PM

I had some issues too when I acquired my HHR. Mainly the ABS malfunction too, check engine lights, Steering wheel shaking and an annoying rumble vibration when driving... Just searched that the ABS malfunction and the rumble went away changing a hub bearing, Steering wheel shaking fixed just thightening a loose nut from the steering shaft, and the check engine light just replacing two injectos. I perform all the repairs by myself (obviously checking info and procedures at Chevyhhr.net ), and I probably spend about 550 or 600 Dollars (In México) with the parts to be replaced. Had other minor issues such a window breakage, rear leaky window hose... I almost forgot that the battery goes away... I just prefered to fix anything instead bring money to a monkey to fix that, and I´m okay... However, enjoy your new Spark!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by manualtrans2.4
When the company makes a replacement of a defective car for another, how does that work ?
If I understand your question.....

Making hundreds of thousands of an individual part someone is compelled to have a A defective part. Hopefully and generally, when the part is replaced, the new replacement is NOT defective. Sometimes, like the ignition module replacement, it is a redesigned part...that is the replacement.

Does this answer your question? Or are you asking about the GM/Chev. internal procedural replacement?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

im so glad that mine has had absolutely nothing wrong with it *knocks on wood*
Old 03-15-2013, 05:56 PM

Love my panel. Normal HHR wear and tear items is all I have had to do. If they still made them I would buy another new one. Sorry you guys are having so many issues. They must have been built on a monday or friday.