General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

not to happy with on-star or my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 PM

not to happy with on-star or my dealer

So I purchased my HHR March 26th, came with 1 year of On-Star but no XM, fine, originally it was supposed to come with XM but they didn't tell me it didn't till I had already signed the papers, fine, I can deal with that issue. So, I'm told I get one free turn by turn navigation use and if I want I can upgrade to the full package. So I call in one day ready to use my one turn by turn navigation and they have a issue with it and can't get it to come up, great....I am informed that since my car isn't equipped with ABS brakes that I can't get the turn by turn navigation, at this point I'm pissed.... the dealer lied to me twice and i'm starting to get mad, on top of that my brand new car is having a passenger side molding issue....

think there is anything I can do about this crap or is it a lost cause, the car is scheduled to go in for the molding here soon.

I like my HHR, but this just makes me sour about Chevrolet and now my car.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Banned

Figure out what you'd like the dealer to do for you, then contact the general manager. If he's not willing to do anything reasonable to your satisfaction, then use the customer hotline in the back of the owner's manual to contact GM. Have you sent in your customer satisfaction survey yet? That's a big bargaining chip to still have out there.

The ABS brake thing makes since just because the OnStar system probably uses the wheel sensors to figure out how fast you're going. So you're probably toast there. I'd see about getting a free XM box installed along with some useful accessories. The turn-by-turn nav is nice, but you can get a nice GPS for the cost of the factory XM system.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:12 AM

Very well put crafty. Best advice I've seen on here. Don't get irate and throw a fit, go in prepared and determined to be satisfied.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:18 AM

I'm not looking to get anything in return, although it'd be nice, I love my hhr but I feel like I sort of got cheated and was lied too. I had already signed the paperwork to the car and what not and then to find out that I don't have certain features as I'm walking out to my new hhr kind of ruined my happy moment.

I've just called the dealership and left a message on the GMs voicemail, told him that I had purchased a new 08 hhr and that I had a couple of comments and to please return my phone call.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Founding Member

You can have XM radio if your have the UE1 radio. Check in your glove box for the code or give me the last 6 digits of the VIN and I can tell you.

Ask if the dealer will add it for you for the troubles you've had. $300-$350 retail accessory. But it won't cost the dealer that much. Just a thought.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:30 AM

my hhr doesn't have a xm box, it has the cat button, but isn't xm ready.

however, it was one of the things i was told i would have when we sat down to do the paperwork.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by ProjectX
my hhr doesn't have a xm box, it has the cat button, but isn't xm ready.

however, it was one of the things i was told i would have when we sat down to do the paperwork.
Then it is compatable for the XM kit to be added. Part #17800594
Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Then it is compatable for the XM kit to be added. Part #17800594
should I even attempt to ask for them to add it or just voice my concerns and see what the out come is?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by ProjectX
should I even attempt to ask for them to add it or just voice my concerns and see what the out come is?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.....Wayne Gretzky
Old 04-19-2008, 12:03 PM

I thought the turn by turn deal was for one yr also. I called OnStar one day with some general questions and they told me the 'turn by turn' was only for one yes, ONE free usage and then you had to sign up for it. So I still get to try it sometime. Believe OnStar also told me I can get the turn by turn for a month at a time if I ever wanted to, which is good for those without a gps and going on a long road trip. My cheap Garmin C330 works fine for me most of the time and I like looking at the little screen to see where I am

Quick Reply: not to happy with on-star or my dealer