General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Official list of Top Tier Gasoline retailers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Thumbs up Official list of Top Tier Gasoline retailers

Owner's manual recommends use of Top Tier gasoline.

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Shell-Canada
Texaco
Petro-Canada
Sunoco-Canad
Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 PM

I don't think I believe that list. Hard to believe Amoco or Exxon is not there. Plus some don't really expain who they are.

The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Plus, there is a Texaco around here I won't buy gas for my lawn mower at.

I'll stick with Hess or Citgo.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:04 PM

Not sure if I believe the list either. I am happy to say that 99% of the gas that I buy is from Quiktrip.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM

I was equally surprised that ESSO (which is owned by Exxon-Mobil) was not there for Canada but from GM Canada's site:

http://gmcanada.com/gm/english/corpo...-tier-gasoline

Guess I am S**T out of luck since none of the 4 listed are available in Newfoundland.

Last edited by nfboy; 08-01-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: learning to spell my country
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM

It is my understanding that the Gasoline being sold here in the Atlanta Area is all the same no matter what company you purchase it from.

The info on TV about additives in a specific brand of Gas does not apply here. Due to the Smog Content, we burn a special fuel called "Georgia Gas" that is supposed to give you less MPG, and less emissions.

I burn >91 octaine, or I do a mix of 93 and 87 sometimes.
The only company I refuse to stop at is CITGO for obvious reasons.

My primary provder is BJ's Wholesale... A spin off of Sams Club's so to speak that has gas for 5 cents lower then anyplace else, but you must be a member.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawker
Not sure if I believe the list either. I am happy to say that 99% of the gas that I buy is from Quiktrip.
Same with me... along with 99% of my Slurpees...

(I recommend the Black Cherry Smoothie 32 oz)
Old 08-01-2007, 01:58 PM

I buy what's available within a reasonable driving distance (I refuse to drive 20 miles to save a total of 40 cents). Closest to me....Citgo ( I have to drive right by one on the way to work), Hess, and Exxon. If I drive by an Aloha, I guess I must have missed a turn heading home.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 PM

QT and Union are the 2 closest to home, and usually the same price. So that's where we go. I don't even know if there are Citgo Stations in the Phoenix area. But since they're owned by the Venezuelan Govt. and that butt-head Chavez, they woudn't get a penny of my money!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM

Is there actually a QuikTrip (QT), and a KwikTrip?? Not much imagination on somebody's part if so. Does Gulf Oil still have stations, or did they merge with someone? They used to have stations here many years ago.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
QT and Union are the 2 closest to home, and usually the same price. So that's where we go. I don't even know if there are Citgo Stations in the Phoenix area. But since they're owned by the Venezuelan Govt. and that butt-head Chavez, they woudn't get a penny of my money!
I don't see any differance in "giving" my money to any oil company. Your telling me there is a good one to give to? Venezuela, Saudi, Kuwait, Mexico, all the same to me. I go by the price on the pump, the the condition of the station. I refuse to buy at run down looking station. Reguardless of brand.

Quick Reply: Official list of Top Tier Gasoline retailers