General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

ok,good question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM

ok,good question

I joined a few years ago when I was going to get a new hhr,a divorce happened so the hhr never did,well now I have the means to get one and my question is this,would you get the panel,1/2 panel or all window model for a daily driver and why.I am leaning towards the panel but just trying to get a general opinion of ups and downs
Old 12-29-2013, 06:22 PM

All windows or half panel if its not used for work...full panel rear doors do not open from the outside...also there is very limited visibility in the full panel version
Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM

I've got both a full windowed version and a panel.
The first few days in a panel will guaranteed make you pay attention to the ginormous blind spots.
Best advice I can give there is do NOT set up your side mirrors so any part of your vehicle is in view. You CANNOT hit yourself. Get the stickon helper mirrors if you need a little help.
If you go with windows and keep things inside you don't want easily seen get 5%tint from the B pillar back. Check your local tint laws. WWW.TINTDUDE.COM is a good help there.

Do your best to find newer and lower kms as you can find . If you can get the maintenance records for it you will have a much better idea of your future expenses
Old 12-29-2013, 06:37 PM

I am biased but I like my full panel. Yes unfortunately there are major blind spots especially when backing up. It just makes me be more careful. Changing lanes too. I guess it makes me a better all around driver.

I did convert my panel to a passenger vehicle though. I added the rear seat and all of the needed seat belts and hardware. Still can haul the same amount of material, just dont have the 2 storage compartments. Plus its really hard to see in the panel and makes it harder for people to see what is inside. Hopefully deterring break ins.

I just like the looks of the panel more than the others.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM

I have a full window and a panel also. I love the look of the panel and i too put a rear seat in mine. However my kids don't like it much and for them not having windows seems to promote motion sickness.

I later inherited my fathers window version and the kids are much happier.
So I guess it depends on what your main use is going to be.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lucky
I have a full window and a panel also. I love the look of the panel and i too put a rear seat in mine. However my kids don't like it much and for them not having windows seems to promote motion sickness.

I later inherited my fathers window version and the kids are much happier.
So I guess it depends on what your main use is going to be.
They could be safer, too. The panel probably doesn't have air bag protection in the rear seating area.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sundance
They could be safer, too. The panel probably doesn't have air bag protection in the rear seating area.
Correct, panels do not have rear air bags or any provisions to install one.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 PM

My window hhr is an 07 it doesn't have any rear air bag protection. If I remember correctly side air bag came out as an option in 08 and then became standard in 09
Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

And those half panels are really hard to find.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Administrator

I found this 2010 AA5 in Jarvis Ontario, Canada.
www.lensautomotive.ca check it out as these are apparently quite rare
http://pictures.dealer.com/l/lensaut...ad4ea08c5x.jpg

Quick Reply: ok,good question