General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

One DRL out..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM

One DRL out..

Hey, I'm new here I just picked up an 07 2lt. Shes a little rough around the edges but I got a great deal and this will be my work vehicle...

Anyways one of my DRLs is not turning on. My high and low beam turn on at night but no driver side DRL. Also the driver side light is dimmer than the passenger. I read this could possibly be a ground, they look fine but I haven't had time to take them apart and clean them up. For now I pulled the drl fuse but I'm not into band aid fixes. Any help would be appreciated. I've learned a lot from this site already, thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the site ,SnowScoot, I can't answer your question , but I'm sure an electrical wizard will come along soon.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM

My wizard guess is that the driver side lamp is dying gracefully. Without researching any, I thought that the DRL was controlled by a relay. I think that the DRL is lower power high beams, so if the DRL is not working the HB should also be not working. No help, I guess.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
My wizard guess is that the driver side lamp is dying gracefully. Without researching any, I thought that the DRL was controlled by a relay. I think that the DRL is lower power high beams, so if the DRL is not working the HB should also be not working. No help, I guess.
Thanks for your input. Forgot to mention I replaced the bulb and I swapped relays before puling it.