General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Open to suggestions.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Open to suggestions.....

Here is my problem.....I put a set of the in-channel vent visors on my car and for whatever the reason, the one on the passenger side rear window won't allow the window to roll back up completely....seems the top of the window is striking the lip of the vent visor. I really don't want to remove the visor if I can help it, and it seems to be in the correct location on the window....so I was wondering what I could do to maybe relieve the edge of the visor to allow the window to pass behind it. I thought about maybe getting my dremel out and sanding it a bit, then I thought about maybe trying to heat it and adjusting the bend in the visor a little....just not exactly sure what to do with the darn thing....just know I am tired of rolling my dinged finger up in the window!

Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated....

Thanx...Anita
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 AM

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the visors to see what they say?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 AM

these are mass-produced. Most likely you have a defective one. the shape also helps keep it in place...if YOU make any modifications, and it doesnt work, the manufacturer might say "sorry".

I'd either send an email to the seller, or to the manufacturer directly, and sort of "get their suggestion".

I am sure you arent the first to have this problem...and you wont be the last.
But before taking matters in to your own hands, I'd check with them first.
if all else fails, I would try relieving some of the top edge's thickness to see if that helps...also, be sure you know what the pint of contact is...is it top center, top front, top rear, etc?

you can mark the visor with erasable marker, and install it, and run the window a few times, then remove it to find out where the problem is.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Mine did that until it set. Took a few days. I just closed the window very slowly and it was fine. No problems after that.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:06 PM

I've going to get a set for mine too. They are a necessity in Florida to be able to vent the vehicle in the monsoom summers. What brand did you get? i have a set on my Y2K dually and they are still like new.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

If I remember correctly, one of our former members had the same problem. He contacted the manufacturer and they sent a COMPLETE NEW SET to replace the one bad visor.

Course different manufacturers......different attitudes. But it's worth a try.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Snoopy
If I remember correctly, one of our former members had the same problem. He contacted the manufacturer and they sent a COMPLETE NEW SET to replace the one bad visor.

Course different manufacturers......different attitudes. But it's worth a try.
That wouldv'e been BB. It was to replace a cracked visor.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:31 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by krooozn
Here is my problem.....I put a set of the in-channel vent visors on my car and for whatever the reason, the one on the passenger side rear window won't allow the window to roll back up completely....seems the top of the window is striking the lip of the vent visor. I really don't want to remove the visor if I can help it, and it seems to be in the correct location on the window....so I was wondering what I could do to maybe relieve the edge of the visor to allow the window to pass behind it.
Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated....
Did the problem start immediately after installing? Sounds like you just might need a little more tape to secure the visor in the correct place.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 AM

I did alot of research into the different brands including asking the fine folks on this site what they were using. I went with weathertech. German manufactured and followed the directions to the "T". They fit great. I concur with the other posts regarding contacting the manufacturer. If they are a stand up outfit, they will replace them. Im not big on modifying a product that was designed for our specific vehicle. I saw units from $20 on eBay to $60 direct from the makers. I did the fronts only at first because I dont like the inchannel ones on the rear. However, after living with only the fronts on, Ive ordered the weathertech rears as well to round out the look.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:25 AM

Sorry if this post is relevant to the subject, if it is let me know and I withdraw and post a new thread.

I had my windows tinted & I've read on other posts, that the in channel vent visors will scratch the window tint. I wonder how much scratching will occur. Has anybody else experienced this? And those that have could you please post a picture of the top window edge so I can see how much scratching occurs. This will help me determine if it's worth installing a set.

Quick Reply: Open to suggestions.....