General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Ow! Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 AM

haha 7 sets of hids.. gee wiz.. got any h13 bixenon bulbs/ballast only i could buy?!

and get well soon sir!!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
I lost my appendix yesterday. Not fun. Not allowed to drive my SS, or lift more than 10 pounds. I managed to spend 7pm friday night until midday Sunday in the hospital. Oh well, atleast it didn't go nuclear inside of me.
You'll be as good as new in a couple of weeks. I had my appendix and Gall bladder removed the Friday before Thanksgiving and I'm just starting to get back to working. It's definately not fun. Getting up from a seated or lying down position was quite a challenge for about a week.

I hope your healing goes quick.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Get Well Soon !

I Almost Had That Scare Last Month, But It Just Turned To Be An Ab Strain.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:16 PM

Get well Clevelandhhrss. Take it easy until you feel better.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by mcdiver
You'll be as good as new in a couple of weeks. I had my appendix and Gall bladder removed the Friday before Thanksgiving and I'm just starting to get back to working. It's definately not fun. Getting up from a seated or lying down position was quite a challenge for about a week.

I hope your healing goes quick.
Yeah, man am impressed at how important your abs are. There isn't much you can do without using them. I made the mistake of cough/sneezing......... I will try REALLY HARD not to do that again.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2008, 02:14 PM

Yeah, man am impressed at how important your abs are. There isn't much you can do without using them. I made the mistake of cough/sneezing......... I will try REALLY HARD not to do that again.
You are right about sneezing. That had to be one of the most painful things to do. Especially the first time. After the first time, I started to modify the way I allowed teh sneeze to come out.

I slept in the recliner for 2 weeks and needed help to get up for the first 4 days. Laying flat on the bed was out of the question.

I feel your pain....

Mike
Old 12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Founding Member

Cleveland,

Sorry to hear about your pain. I have always wondered how you know to go to the hospital or whether its just the nachos you ate for lunch. How long did the doctor say you would be down before you can work again?

I guess you'll have more time to post on forum.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM

I lost my appendix yesterday. Not fun. Not allowed to drive my SS, or lift more than 10 pounds. I managed to spend 7pm friday night until midday Sunday in the hospital. Oh well, atleast it didn't go nuclear inside of me.
Heh,
consider yourself lucky.
Mine ruptured in 1980 and they (Kaiser) mis-diagnosed me as having intestinal flu and sent me back home. I was back the next day - and was in the hospital for a week. And it took about a month to recover after that.

Back in those days - they made big holes in you - I have a 3" scar on abdomen.
Now - you can practically get it done on an outpatient basis....

The worst part that I can recall, they forced you to walk around after you woke up...

Must be something in the Lake Erie water ;-)

Jim
Old 12-08-2008, 04:37 PM

I feel for everyone. Had mine out unexpectedly a couple of years ago. The ripe old age 49 had a lot to do with it not being all that fun. And I do remember there is a huge difference between nachos and that useless little thing going bad. It all gets better from here. Take your time, that's all.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Cleveland,

Sorry to hear about your pain. I have always wondered how you know to go to the hospital or whether its just the nachos you ate for lunch. How long did the doctor say you would be down before you can work again?

I guess you'll have more time to post on forum.
Since I tend to read online alot, I just used google.
It kinda went like this for me.

step 1: hurt :)

step 2: keep hurting

step 3: realize that your not constipated and you did not over eat

step 4: realize that this is a SHARP pain like a knife in the LOWER RIGHTHAND side of your abdomen. The best way to locate it (I am not a doctor remember :)) is below your belly button and just under your REAL beltline. If you have an "8" pack. Its in the middle of #8 on YOUR rightside.

step 5: read online and administer yourself the "jump test" ...lol
if you are not on the floor, you might have hope. I used the power of GraySkull not to crumple and cry like a baby.

Step 6: (probably wanna skip this step hint hint) Take some advil go to sleep because it's midnight and try to sleep it off.

Step 7: wake up and realize no change, however it is all you can do to stand up out of the bed, and the knife is now a sword.
leave directly to the hospital explain LOWER RIGHTHAND SHAR PAIN, and wait for the catscan...lol If you have not had one, (I never have) be prepared to drink about a liter and a half of some really funky juice. Give some blood and urine, to top it all off, the weirdest IV injection.... You get this radioactive compound throught the IV port in your arm, the tell you its warm but man that's an understatement. Its real warm. You feel this warm juice flowing through your body, literally from right to left from head to toe. my palms were last because i had to hold them above my head. It's like nothing else

Step 8: They won't misdiagnose it now that they can see how big it is.

Main thing is its sharp, in the lower rightside, and you can't jump up and down. you may see slight swelling from the outside (im thin 6'1' 185-190ish) so not everyone will see so easy. It will hurt when you press on the spot, and it will likely hurt more on the release of pressure than the push in part. I could not sleep on my rightside that night and slept poorly even with the advil.

Listen to your body, and when in doubt just call the 24 help line on you healthcare provider card and speak to them. They will ask you a lot of similar questions and probably ask you to come in just to be safe.

According to the doctor i had about 24 hours from the time I first noticed the pain until things became "serious". I was out of the OR 20 hours after, however I was in the hospital 12 hours after the first pain, so do not wait!

Quick Reply: Ow! Ouch!