General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Question about pedals in 5spd.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Question about pedals in 5spd.

Yes I said the pedals. For years I've owned Japan cars & all of them had the ability to adjust the pedal travel & height on all 3 of them. Has GM made this possible on the HHR's or any of the other domestics? I ask cause I really like to lower the pedals & get the clutch to engage an inch or so off the floorpan. Likewise I also do this to Brake & gas pedals.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:05 PM

GM really went out on a limb with the HHR and offered.............3 pedals!!

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm sure a normal person will be able to help!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
GM really went out on a limb with the HHR and offered.............3 pedals!!

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm sure a normal person will be able to help!
LOL! Thats pretty funny man! Good sense of humor.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Copperhead
LOL! Thats pretty funny man! Good sense of humor.
Sorry, some days I'm off my meds, some days I double up!!

I would have thought that someone would have spoke up by now. This may seem like a simple, but often overlooked suggestion........have you checked the owners' manual?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:38 AM

Many GM cars and trucks offer power-adjustable pedals. A dash-mounted switch raises and lowers the pedals as needed. Unfortunately, the HHR does not have this feature. GM probably (correctly) surmised that most buyers of a low-priced car would not pay the $200-$300 cost of the pedal adjuster option. What they could have come up with was a manual pedal adjuster that could be adjusted with a screwdriver or wrench, which most people would only need to adjust once to suit their preferences.

Steve
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 AM

I got gipped ! I only got 2 pedals with mine and yes I said pedals.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Is that for the three legged guys?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
Many GM cars and trucks offer power-adjustable pedals. A dash-mounted switch raises and lowers the pedals as needed. Unfortunately, the HHR does not have this feature. GM probably (correctly) surmised that most buyers of a low-priced car would not pay the $200-$300 cost of the pedal adjuster option. What they could have come up with was a manual pedal adjuster that could be adjusted with a screwdriver or wrench, which most people would only need to adjust once to suit their preferences.

Steve
Yea, most of the adjustable pedal features are in the most costly cars & trucks but I was refering to the manual one like I've been so use to over the years in the imports. When your a meticulas performance freak like me, you really enjoy little "creature comforts" like these. I found this feature when I had an 82 Honda Accord back in 1987.

As for the rest of guys who resonded,...I think you all need meds of some sort.
I didn't need the 3 leg mental image. LOL!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM

OK, I have 3 pedals and I have no adjustment for pedal position. I am not aware of GM offering this any time soon.

I can tell you that compared to driving my 99 Trans Am 6-speed, the HHR 5-speed is definitely more driver friendly in traffic!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 PM

I have a 2.4 & 5spd also, and the pedals don't adjust, but they suit me just fine where they are. The clutch is very linear in engaging, and begins to grab at about 2-3 inches off the floor.

What I would enjoy and use is a telescoping steering, as I find the pedals too close, relative to the wheel, but not by enough to detract from the whole of it all. Once upon a time, I could have swapped the steering wheel for a deep dished one, but those days are gone now....

Quick Reply: Question about pedals in 5spd.